PDA

View Full Version : Deleting from MeshEditTool

alexionne
06-18-2007, 10:43 AM
Is it at all possible to delete from MeshEditTool plugin? I'm trying to delete some points with remPoint, but I it simply doesn't work...

Karmacop
06-19-2007, 01:27 AM
You should be able to, although I haven't tried it. Are you certain you're passing the correct data? eg have you tried moving the points instead of deleting them and seeing if that works?

Sensei
06-19-2007, 09:07 AM
To remove points you must manually detach them from the all polygons where they are used (scan polys, then loop with all polygons point and check whether it is point you are looking for).. Removing polygon does not automatically remove points, so to delete both you must first in loop delete points, then delete polygon.. MeshEditTool does not delete anything immediately but mark them for deletion at the end in done() function..

alexionne
06-19-2007, 10:42 PM
Hi! Thanks for your replies :-)

Yes, I am able to move points around. I've probably forgot to remove some polygon which uses this point, or maybe I have some degenerate poly... Anyway, I've got some direction to follow now :)

alexionne
06-29-2007, 05:55 PM
I've just checked it. I am able to remove polygons, but I can't remove points. After my plugin finishes, I have several points which belong to 0 polygons.

Another problem: If I change selection during the execution of my plugin (through SelNextLoop, for example), LW reports the old selection to my plugin. Is it possible that all of this stuff are limitations of MeshEditTool (interactive plugins) ???

Sensei
06-29-2007, 06:10 PM
I've just checked it. I am able to remove polygons, but I can't remove points. After my plugin finishes, I have several points which belong to 0 polygons.

I need to see source code..

Another problem: If I change selection during the execution of my plugin (through SelNextLoop, for example), LW reports the old selection to my plugin. Is it possible that all of this stuff are limitations of MeshEditTool (interactive plugins) ???

Yes.

Absolutely you cannot change selection issuing LW command during MeshEditTool execution!

There is old trick to select something from MeshEditTool, but nasty and probably nobody dare using it - recreate all points & polygons and using done() flag responsible for selecting newly made elements..