PDA

View Full Version : Activating 32 and 64 bit windows vista

jasonwestmas
06-17-2007, 10:47 AM
I wasn't able to find any specific information reguarding activation of Windows vista Business when trying to install two versions for the same license.

Can I activate a single license for use with both the 32-bit and 64-bit windows vista copy on the same computer? So that's a total of two copies of windows vista on the same hard drive using separate partitions.

Logically it seems fair but I think the answer is no?

RTSchramm
06-17-2007, 11:26 AM
You can only activate one copy of Vista, even on the same computer.

Rich

jasonwestmas
06-17-2007, 11:36 AM
You can only activate one copy of Vista, even on the same computer.

Rich

One copy, or one license? It sounds like you are saying that if I buy two copies of windows vista; which is the equivalent of two licenses; that I would not be able to partition them and register them separately on the same computer hard drive.

RTSchramm
06-17-2007, 01:04 PM
What I meant is you can only activate one copy of Vista with one key. So even though Vista comes with a 64 and 32 bit DVD, you can only activate one of them. If you want to use both a 64 bit and 32 bit on the same computer, you will have to buy another copy of Vista.

Rich

jasonwestmas
06-17-2007, 04:39 PM
Okay, thanks!! I guess I'll try the 64-bit and if it sucks too much I'll go back to 32-bit. I have another computer with WinXP 32anyway, which is fine for everything except ram usage is quite limited of course.

sammael
06-19-2007, 08:41 PM
Im using 64 bit, it seems fine and most 32bit apps run ok with no noticable slowdown. The only thing that would not install for me was zbrush 2 so far.