PDA

View Full Version : Old LWPro & Other Magazines

sdcharlie
06-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Hello,
I used to use Lightwave and Video Toaster in the mid to late 1990's which is ages ago in computer time. I was cleaning out some shelves and came across a box with some old Lightwave Pro Newsletters, New Tekniques magazine, Video Toaster User magazines, and Keyframe Magazine. They date from 1994 - 1999. I was going to throw them out, but thought I'd send a post and see if anyone wants them.

newsvixen8
06-17-2007, 01:29 PM
You are kind to offer the opportunity; for myself, I find my bookshelves creaking already with the constant influx of material that is more relevant to what we're able to do now with our favorite software. Reading it already eats into the time I should be spending applying what I've learned. It may hurt to let those issues go, but maybe it's for the best.

wp_capozzi
06-17-2007, 01:49 PM
I was looking at a similar pile of books of my own recently, thinking if it might be worth a try to put them up on ebay once before getting rid of them. Often there is still good knowledge in them, a forgotten technique or a more simple view on a way to do things. I'm gonna go flip through mine one more time.

-Bill C.

lesterfoster
06-18-2007, 04:05 PM
Have you thought about digitizing them before throwing them away or giving them away.

I got a Canon 20D and I have digitized almost all of my paper, Billís, Tax records, invoices, School stuff, and the good parts of my old magazines.

I digitized about 6 boxes, or more all onto one DVD with lots of room to spare. Than I destroyed any thing that had personal information on to and throw it all away. Now I have that much less to move the next time I have to move.

And it is a lot faster to find the stuff in digital form then paper form.

JamesCurtis
06-19-2007, 09:55 AM
Technically, it may actually be illegal to digitally capture the pages of a magazine. But for your own personal use it might be okay. Just noted for information purposes only.

Graphx
06-25-2007, 01:16 PM
If any one is deciding to throw old issues of Keyframe, Newteknique, LwPro, VT user, or any other magazine 3d related. Please let me know, I would like to add them to my own collection.
Thank you in advance