PDA

View Full Version : Modeler menu customization broken?

IMI
06-16-2007, 09:20 AM
In Modeler, ALT+F10, on the PC has always been the way to create custom menu tabs and add plugins under them, but in 9.2 I've been trying to do this and all I get is a blank tab at the top for everything I try to add.
I do know how to do this, but it's simply not working as it always has before this. I would have noticed it sooner, but I've been using an 8.5 menu I had saved, and until today hadn't tried adding anything...but I've lost it when I reformattted to rid my PC of a nasty virus.

(BTW, be afraid...be VERY afraid of this new virus that's going around, appearing on PC's everywhere, even on brand new OEM machines. It's called Vista.)

I suppose this is a rant, unless someone can tell me it's changed and I'm doing something wrong?
Check out the screenshot, it pretty much shows what I'm talking about. The large tab I created and named "BODYPAINT". The smaller tabs to the right have no names, as they're supposed to be the plugins and are supposed to appear on the left, since I have the BODYPAINT tab selected.

I can add plugins to any existing menu, just can't create any new menus without this happening.

Maxx
06-16-2007, 09:35 AM
I've found recently that the menu editing functionality is touchy - make sure the two bodypaint plugs are actually under the tab in the hierarchy and not on an equal level with it?

IMI
06-16-2007, 10:04 AM
Oh thank you. That worked, yes, although it seems to me that doing that in the past would create a sub-group. *shrug*
Oh well, it works at least. Thanks again. :)

Maxx
06-16-2007, 01:35 PM
Glad it worked - I seem to remember the process not being quite as fiddly as it currently is also. Maybe just bad recollection or my hand's gotten heavier, but hey, as long as it's working!

IMI
06-16-2007, 09:39 PM
Glad it worked - I seem to remember the process not being quite as fiddly as it currently is also. Maybe just bad recollection or my hand's gotten heavier, but hey, as long as it's working!

Well, it's not just you, believe me. Ever since I learned how to do it with LW 7, I've been a fiend for custom menus.
The attached screenshot represents about an hour or so of work - you have to get the entries slid *just right* into the slots, or you get weirdness like in my first pic, or the new entries simply vanish once the Configure Menus panel is closed.
With LW 8.5 I could have completely re-written the entire menu in about that time. For that matter, I pretty much did. ;)
Drat, now I have to learn where everything is all over again. I'm not gonna spend a whole day in Modeler just making menus.

Thanks again for assuring me it did in fact work. I had pretty much written it off as an exercise in futility. :D