PDA

View Full Version : Apple G5 announced "I got confusion!"

Dick Ma
06-24-2003, 10:23 AM
Apple announced "G5" computer, see.

http://www.apple.com/powermac/video/

And there is a screen shot of Brad Peebler (Luxology) and their product: Luxology.

From the screen shots it seems that Luxology interface is similar as Lightwave and I think it can import lightwave models for further animation.

I am quite interested if someone preorder LW8 and Luxology comes out, what do they think?

And it seems that LW and Lux is something similar as Softimage 3D and XSI, which is more "pro"? (I mean "pro"fessional or "pro"ductive or any)

This leads me to have a confusion, someone please have a serious look.

policarpo
06-24-2003, 10:32 AM
what's the confusion.

lux is making a product and we'll know more at siggraph.

is this going to stop you from creating kick *** work?

let's hope not. :)

we'll all know more around Siggraph.

so in the meantime, get back to making great work and leave the hysteria to people who don't have a clue and suck when it comes to creativity and art.

Dick Ma
06-24-2003, 10:42 AM
policarpo: Of course "creativity" is the most important. Even you got a great software, if you don't use it, you produce nothing.

Atleast Luxology has some shots about that they have done.... and we have a little forecast for this new product. But Lightwave just keep on promotion price cut..... no feature lists until now.

what we need is a "surprise" to keep us on.

mattclary
06-24-2003, 11:09 AM
I'm sure you will be suprised come Siggraph.

policarpo
06-24-2003, 11:56 AM
well...like my grandmother's podiatrist always said,

"If the gadfly eats too many berries before the sun risese, he's likely to be beaten to the sewage yard for feeding by all the other rascals."

:rolleyes: