PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a new user.

Amiduffer
06-16-2007, 12:21 AM
Hello everyone! My name is Amiduffer. :newhere: and I'm the proud owner of an Amiga 4000/040 with a nice looking Toaster 4k which I traded for an A1200. Its only got the basic board in it (so far), and no manuals, so I'm going to be spending a lot of time trying to figure things out. I haven't used one of these in years.

Back around '94-'96 I was a student at the New England School of Broadcasting and in the video course, they had a basic A2000 with toaster which I got to play with some.

I've become a recent contributor on YouTube, so, I've been thinking of ways to make videos to put online, besides other stuff now that I've got this.

My main 3D work has been with the venerable old Imagine3D program, but for the short time I played with it in school, Lightwave was certainly a nice renderer and am happy that I'll have it to play with again.

I hope to see everyone around, and I'll probably have tons of questions for you to answer.

Snosrap
06-16-2007, 12:07 PM
Is this not the year 2007 of our Lord? Amiga1200 - I think I have one of those in my closet. Not sure why. I should get it out and do my next project with with Imagine 3.0, Caligari 24 and Image FX. Not!

Cheers
Snosrap

Sarford
06-16-2007, 12:11 PM
hehe, welcome mate! I'm curious what you can cook up with that old stuff. Be sure to post what you create :)

Amiduffer
06-16-2007, 02:03 PM
Hello. Ok, if I "cook up" something, I'll be sure to share it. I'm not sure what I could do with this, but I do want to try some simple 3D anims as a start. There may be some video work in the near future.

The guy I traded the 1200 for does VJ gigs out in NY. He modified his A600 to be a portable setup, but that had keyboard failure, so he offered to trade his 4000 for my 1200.