PDA

View Full Version : Which is Better?

We-Co
06-15-2007, 10:11 PM
Hello eveyone!
I was planning on purchasing ZBrush or BodyPaint 3D and I was wondering which is a better product?

cresshead
06-16-2007, 04:14 AM
bodypaint also includes cinema4d thesedays so you'll be getting the modeling and animation/rendering base app of cinema4d [no modules]

i bought zbrush as there's nothing like it currently for sculpting...dirtbox, hexagon, silo and soon modo has some abilities but i think z brush
does it better with more goodies like z spheres and HUGE data sets.

We-Co
06-16-2007, 03:57 PM
I'm trying out a demo of BodyPaint 3D and it seems like it's a 3D version of Photoshop. Is there a ZBrush demo I can try out somewhere?

bloontz
06-16-2007, 05:44 PM
I think you'll have to wait till they release a demo for version 3 as they don't seem to be offering the version 2 demo anymore. They've hinted that it's coming but have'nt indicated when as far as I know.

Beau_M
06-19-2007, 11:58 AM
Another one you could look at (although very much on the pricey side) is Deep Paint 3D and Deep UV by Right Hemisphere. There's a free trial on their site.

starbase1
06-27-2007, 01:44 AM
bodypaint also includes cinema4d thesedays so you'll be getting the modeling and animation/rendering base app of cinema4d [no modules]

i bought zbrush as there's nothing like it currently for sculpting...dirtbox, hexagon, silo and soon modo has some abilities but i think z brush
does it better with more goodies like z spheres and HUGE data sets.

I just got an advert through from Daz saying that Hexagon is currently available for $2!

Nick