PDA

View Full Version : smooth shift in layout

nnasr.rm
06-14-2007, 02:26 AM
I am facing a problem in that i am using SPLINE TRANSFORM tool to deform my four very long tube object (one object consisting of four tubes and deformed with the spline transform tool) in layout.
However,... after i apply SPLINE TRANFORM, every displacement plug in that i add afterwards is ignored.
so lets say i add spline tranform, and then i want to add morph mixer and slide it to 100 percent to a shape of the tube thats simply fatter. it wont do anything.

ultimately i just want to be able to control the thickness of my tube object after i apply to it the spline transform tool.
is there a smooth/normal shift tool in layout.
i`m using lightwave 9

plz help!!

hrgiger
06-14-2007, 03:15 AM
I don't think smoothshift has found its way into Layout yet.

Is there any reason you couldn't use a morph?

nnasr.rm
06-14-2007, 06:24 AM
i have the spline transform displacement plug in applied to the object in layout
for some reason this plug in seems to override all other displacement plug ins.

SplineGod
06-14-2007, 09:18 AM
Some plugins like that do override all other deformations. One way around it is to mdscan your tubes after deforming them with SST and then apply mdplug and mdplug morph to be able to animate the morph on top.
FIs bezier bend is an alternative to SST and might support additional deformations.

nnasr.rm
06-14-2007, 11:00 AM
hi larry,
i never used MD plug...do you mind explaining in a bit more detail...dont even know where to find it...

SplineGod
06-14-2007, 11:38 AM
It allows the playback of mdd files (vertex baked data). You can also do it via clothfx (both baking and playing). MDMetaplug morph allows the playback of mdd data AND endmorphs.