PDA

View Full Version : LW9.2 - fprime 3 and vista = crash

claudioarchi
06-13-2007, 09:04 AM
Hello guys, new to this forum but old user of LW. I got LW 9.2 and fprime 3 and i'm using it with my toshiba laptop, 2 gig ram and Nvidia GForce Go 7600When i try to render, fprime starts but its a complet black image. And then when i quit fprime LW crashes. I'm using Vista ultimate and all my drivers are upt o date. Can any body help me with this.

Thank you all

see ya!

kyle_r
06-13-2007, 09:27 AM
I had that exact same problem with a HP computer that i have bought last week that had the 7600 gt graphic card.
I could open a scene, zoom in Fprime but when i change anything in layout ... bam, Frpime freeze, Lightwave freeze, Vista freeze and then ligthwave crash. I didn't find the solution. It seems that it is a problem with aero the new graphic display of vista and maybe also the Nvidia card. (or the drivers)

I tried to install xp to replace Vista, but i hadn't found on the net all the drivers for the motherboard HP so i take the computer back to where i bought it.

Next time i will make my own personnal configuration, so i could put the OS that i want.

Vista is way to young for 3d professional.

sammael
06-13-2007, 09:38 AM
Perhaps try older drivers, theyre sometimes more stable.

kyle_r
06-13-2007, 01:05 PM
I made a mistake on my post it was a 7600 go card (not gt) and it was only vista home not ultimate.

But before vista, lightwave had runned perfectly on most of laptop computer with no powerfull 3d graphic card no ?

So it is also a Vista issue, not only drivers and graphic card.

mattclary
06-13-2007, 01:29 PM
The Go series of cards work great for games and are fairly potent, so I suspect the problem is a Vista /driver issue.

FYI, Vista pretty much sucks. ;)

Dodgy
06-13-2007, 03:09 PM
I can confirm it's a vista/driver issue. My HP laptop does the same thing. Anyone tried an xp laptop install?

jasonwestmas
06-13-2007, 06:51 PM
I can confirm it's a vista/driver issue. My HP laptop does the same thing. Anyone tried an xp laptop install?

Using a Nvidia Card?

JML
06-14-2007, 06:39 AM
fprime3 is working fine here under vista ultimate.

I have a ati card though...
my next computer is going to have a nvidia card... 8800gtx..
anybody with nvidia having problem with vista and fprime ?

Dodgy
06-14-2007, 07:51 AM
Yeah, I'm using an nvidia 650 go in my laptop.

jasonwestmas
06-14-2007, 08:17 AM
well it's no secret that Nvidia's drivers are going through some turmoil. I just bought a GeForce 8600GTS, so here's hoping it works later if not now.

jasonwestmas
06-14-2007, 08:24 AM
Yeah, I'm using an nvidia 650 go in my laptop.

Is that your mother board or video card? I'm going to be using a NVIDIA nForce 500 SLI MCP ATX AMD.

jasonwestmas
06-14-2007, 08:29 AM
Oh I just remembered that I don't have a laptop :P I'm not so nervous now.

GoneGuy
06-14-2007, 05:49 PM
If it's any comfort I have had exactly the same problems on my Mac. I'm on OSX 10.3.9 with an Nvidia 6800 GT and 4.5 Gb Ram. The scene has been a big environment so it has taken a couple of goes sometimes.

But I've had some other issues too which Worley has said are to do with problems in Lightwave 9.2's SDK, so there may be still some things to iron out?

GoneGuy
06-14-2007, 06:23 PM
Oh yeah, and I'm using LW 9.2 and FPrime 3.01.

claudioarchi
06-14-2007, 07:36 PM
Ok guys i've tested almost every setting in vista and in LW. And i can say that is a Nvidia driver problem, as soon as i move my fprime window or i make any changes in the scene LW chashes and i receve a message with a strange code from vista, telling me that the driver display crashes. ****!!!! i've always love nvidia cards today i hate them, long live to ATI!!!!!. BTW i disable the superfetech service, the UAC and the incremental shadow copy as someone says on this forum and my LW 9.2 works perfectly but without Fprime. One thing thow, G2 works no prblem there...very strange no? any comments on that?

see ya

dingebre
11-26-2007, 07:33 PM
I have the same problem with Vista Ultimate, G2 and FPrime 3, NVIDIA graphics. It happens on 9.3, and 9.3.1. Only on exit, hasn't screwed up any work, so far...

The error is in g2.p_unloaded or fp3.p_unloaded.

All works fine with NVIDIA on my desktop under XP SP2

As additional information, NVIDIA uses a Unified Driver Architecture for theis drivers. That is basically, one driver fits all their cards. The difference is they disable the installation for certain cards, mostly laptop cards.

see these links:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9243&hl=6800
http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?

You can get the latest NVIDIA drivers here with an appropriate .inf file to install the driver for your card.

I've tried several versions of the drivers with the same result.

Sensei
11-26-2007, 08:13 PM
The error is in g2.p_unloaded or fp3.p_unloaded.

If crash happens inside of module there is more than 50% chance that it's guilty.. And it does not matter that it works for others.. Subtle bugs appear only in certain situations, which you maybe are observing.. So, send screen-shot and/or crash log file of Windows message with exact FPrime/G2 version number to Worley and maybe he will find bug basing on offset in module..

sean hargreaves
11-27-2007, 05:45 PM
Hmmmmm........if everyone on the plane ate fish and got sick then the problem is probably.......???????? Anyone??? :D

sean hargreaves
11-27-2007, 05:45 PM
Just playing, a little giggle at the end of the day. :D