PDA

View Full Version : David Ikeda Interview

Wickster
06-12-2007, 05:11 PM
I'm surprised this wasn't posted here. I saw it on Spinquad. Anyway here is an interview of the brilliant David Ikeda of the LightWave Team.

http://pingmag.jp/2007/06/08/david-ikeda/

hrgiger
06-12-2007, 10:01 PM
Cool. Too bad there was no information about what changes are coming soon or otherwise for modeler. Some interviewers just don't know to ask the right questions I guess. The only tidbit I got out of it was that Lightwave is slowly migrating from C to C++.

Snosrap
06-12-2007, 10:10 PM
and that 90% of tasks are bug fixes.

10% new stuff?

Well at this point, yes - they are in maintenance cycle. Otherwise they would need two teams. I'm sure that after 9.3 ships they'll get back to work on features etc.

Snosrap

jameswillmott
06-12-2007, 10:53 PM
Cool. Too bad there was no information about what changes are coming soon or otherwise for modeler. Some interviewers just don't know to ask the right questions I guess. The only tidbit I got out of it was that Lightwave is slowly migrating from C to C++.

Maybe he just wasn't allowed to say what was coming up?

hrgiger
06-13-2007, 03:55 AM
I'm sure of that. They may have asked him and then they had the questions removed.

Chris S. (Fez)
06-13-2007, 04:44 AM
Nice. Looks like tool consolidation is coming anyway: "one function that does the same to the vertices as it does for edges and polygons"