PDA

View Full Version : Content Directory

Andyjaggy
06-10-2007, 10:04 AM
Is it just me or does 9.2 have issues with finding files and dealing with the content directory? It seems no matter how many times I set it and no matter what I do without fail Lightwave fails to find at least one file everytime I load something. I've never had this problem before, is there some trick I don't know about?

Silkrooster
06-10-2007, 06:54 PM
I haven't seen any issues yet. Off hand all I can think of is once in awhile you are accessing files that are not in the content directory, and later on you have forgotten about it, and you then get the error.
You could run content manager and see where the file actually resides and allow the manager to copy the file to your content directory.
Silk

Ratboy
06-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Haven't had a problem with it, and I change content directories all the time.

mattclary
06-11-2007, 11:49 AM
Not limited to 9.2, I have at various times seen instances where the content directory is pointed correctly, you open an object or scene, it says "Can't find xxx image" or something similar. You browse for the missing item, the file selector defaults to the correct location and the file is right there. So you just click "OK" without selecting anything and all proceeds as it should.

One of those minor little annoyances that never warrants investigation or reporting...