PDA

View Full Version : Re opening LW9.2 documents

chemaelizondo
06-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Hi guys.
Im having trouble when opening a 9.2 doc.
Either .lws and .lwo have been imposible to open for the first time after being created.

And an odd thing about it is that documents created with 9.2 insist in being opened with 9.0 by default. If I go to "Get Info" and change the default app to 9.2, it just will ingnore it and still go with 9.0.
If I open it by dragging and droping in the 9.2 icon the application will try to open it but end up coming up with the "Cant open file" message.

Ive run out of ideas.
Can anyone help ?

Thanks

MLynch
06-09-2007, 10:34 PM
You need to open your files throuh their respective apps. i.e. - Open up Modeler and then open the desired model via the File > Load Object menu option. The same for Layout.

Double clicking, and dragging and dropping don't work. ...this is a bug.

chemaelizondo
06-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Thanks

JM

Sean Martin
06-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Where does one report Lightwave 9 bugs? I can't seem to find the appropriate forum. Is Newtek aware of this bug, because after just dropping 300 on an upgrade i'm not pleased....

mainly because the LWSN Controller from Dstorm also fails to recognize scene files and will not load them!!! goodbye backround rendering.

on a Mac

dstorm
06-12-2007, 08:02 PM
Where does one report Lightwave 9 bugs? I can't seem to find the appropriate forum. Is Newtek aware of this bug, because after just dropping 300 on an upgrade i'm not pleased....

mainly because the LWSN Controller from Dstorm also fails to recognize scene files and will not load them!!! goodbye backround rendering.

on a Mac

LWSN Controller was updated for LightWave v9.2. Would you please download and test it?

http://www.dstorm.co.jp/english/plugin/other.htm#LWSNC3

Sean Martin
06-13-2007, 03:01 PM
Many thanks Dstorm your updated plugin does indeed work with 9.2 as previous

Pheeew!

Downloaded Trailer plugin while I was there as well, never seen this before it will be very useful.

Keep up the good work!