PDA

View Full Version : Movie Projects?

Steamthrower
06-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Having used Google for several weeks unsuccesfully, I decided to ask here if anyone is aware of any movie projects that could use a volunteer modeler. I feel it would be helpful for me to refine my skills in a real production process, not just rendering water heaters for television commercials ;-)

Thanks -

SplineGod
06-09-2007, 07:42 PM
I think you can learn as much by picking things to model that are challenging to do. Working on a movie project doesnt always equate to modeling something complicated or difficult. :)

Steamthrower
06-10-2007, 11:56 AM
True, but as Lightwave is also my hobby, ''fun'' is part of my quest too.

SplineGod
06-10-2007, 03:20 PM
I agree about the fun part too. I enjoy it whether or not Im getting paid. The problem is that at studio you cant pick and choose what you do. Sometimes its fun and sometimes flipping burgers starts to sound tempting :)

Steamthrower
06-10-2007, 05:46 PM
Maybe I got my original point a little muddled. I'm not looking for a position in a studio, nor any apprenticeship in a studio - just a small community CGI movie effort or an independent film. Nothing serious, just a substitute for playing a game during those between-job-contract lulls.

Silkrooster
06-10-2007, 06:41 PM
Keep you eye out in the classified sections of some of the forums. Every once in awhile I hear about a small company looking for volunteers. Especially game companies.
Good luck in your quest.
Silk

Andyjaggy
06-10-2007, 07:14 PM
I know a guy who is doing a star trek fan film. He could probably use your help. PM me if you want the info.

billuke
06-12-2007, 08:28 AM
I'm looking for someone to help model a Walking cane that will talk to it's user for a blindness documentary.