PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking for a hotel roommate for SIGGRAPH?

Captain Obvious
06-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Long story short, I can't afford a hotel room on my own. Anyone feel like sharing one? I'm a nice guy in real life, promise! :) Also, I don't snore. So, anyone up for saving a few hundred bucks and sharing a room with a complete stranger?

Gaze
06-09-2007, 12:22 PM
Are you planning to stay somewhere high-end, like smack downtown a couple blocks from the convention center? How about a place a short distance away, near trolley station and get something around $100/nt?

UnCommonGrafx
06-09-2007, 03:12 PM
San Diego is EXPENSIVE, huh?

(Robert: you can't go this year; you can't go this year; you can't go this year; you can't go this year; you can't go this year; you can't go this year; you can't go this year; you can't go this year; you can't go this year; you can't go this year; you can't go this year; you can't go this year; you can't go this year)

Hmm, maybe I can go again this year. ;)

Captain Obvious
06-09-2007, 06:15 PM
Are you planning to stay somewhere high-end, like smack downtown a couple blocks from the convention center? How about a place a short distance away, near trolley station and get something around $100/nt?
I dunno, I've never been to San Diego before. I wouldn't mind paying a bit extra for the convinience of walking distance (anything below three miles is walking distance, I'd say), but not several times more, I guess...

Jim_C
06-09-2007, 06:42 PM
(anything below three miles is walking distance, I'd say),

Wow, spoken like a true European (or a New Yorker). Most of us lazy folks here in the US cosider anything out of sight and/or throwing distance too far to walk.

San Diego is one of the US' most beautiful cities and has arguably the nicest weather(and thus a large homeless population).

I'm jealous. Have a blast!

Jim

Captain Obvious
06-09-2007, 08:59 PM
Well, in most cases, I'd say anything below ten miles is walking distance, but I figure I don't have enough time to spend that much just getting around. :p And I guess the warm weather in San Diego will wreck havock on my swedish physique.

MooseDog
06-09-2007, 10:12 PM
Wow, spoken like a true European (or a New Yorker). Most of us lazy folks here in the US cosider anything out of sight and/or throwing distance too far to walk.

LOL! i've lived in europe, nyc and america:D and that's all too true! unfortunately i know nothing about san diego, except it's in socal, where i have no desire to visit:)

Gaze
06-09-2007, 11:25 PM
I dunno, I've never been to San Diego before. I wouldn't mind paying a bit extra for the convinience of walking distance (anything below three miles is walking distance, I'd say), but not several times more, I guess...Something like the Sheraton Harbor Island is around $200/nt, less than 3 mi. scenic bayside walk or take the $1 bus. Or maybe something like La Quinta or Comfort Inn Old Town is probably like $125 and possible to ride the $2 trolley to a stop right in front of the convention center. Or save more by staying further away and get a basic car or use the bus. Pkg was $8/day when I was there a few weeks ago.

Ballpark costs, so don't quote me. I'll check around if you want. What days are you planning?

Gaze
06-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Captain, your mailbox if full Goodluck and enjoy:thumbsup:

hrgiger
06-11-2007, 07:42 PM
What are the dates for Siggraph this year?