PDA

View Full Version : RTV After Effects plugins?

tmon
02-20-2003, 02:51 PM
Which files are required to import/export RTV files to/from After Effects when After Effects is on a different workstation from T[2]?

Paul Lara
02-20-2003, 06:16 PM
Taiji,

If you wish to read or write Toaster .rtv files on another machine with AfterEffects 5.0 or 5.5 installed, you can accomplish this by copying the plugin RTV_IO.aex to the AE-equipped box.

tmon
02-20-2003, 07:02 PM
Paul,

I've tried that already.

I believe that there are some other required files as well, but I don't know which ones.

Paul Lara
02-21-2003, 06:45 AM
I'll check it out when I get to the office.

tmon
03-13-2003, 08:31 PM
3/13/03

Man, and I thought MY commute was bad!

;)

Scott Bates
03-13-2003, 08:58 PM
He's probably taking the Great Circle Route via Vegas, I heard there was some big shindig going on up there soon.

twitboy1979
03-25-2003, 06:25 AM
just wondering if anyone did find out what other files were required to get RTV capabilities on a non-toaster machine with After Effects???? Ive tried copying RTV_IO.aex but it has an error when loading AE.... anyone??

tmon
03-25-2003, 02:26 PM
Bob Tasa has not been publicly given enough "props" by NewTek:

http://www.toastergarage.com/gpage3.html

Mike Watkins
08-18-2003, 03:37 PM
>>
Which files are required to import/export RTV files to/from After Effects when After Effects is on a different workstation from T[2]?

This isn't supported in VT[2] or [3]. Currently, you can't just copy the RTV_IO.aex plugin file to the non-VT machine b/c the actual plugin depends on other libraries (dlls) installed by VT.

Jay Kelley
08-22-2003, 11:13 AM
I do not understand why I do not hear Newtek "talking up" Bob Tasa more. He tries to help Newtek look like a better company by supplying Newtek's customers with plug-ins Newtek won't provide.

I know Bob makes money on the plug-ins he writes, but these plug-ins widen the base of VT's capibilities. This in turns results in more VT sales. I remember when I bought VT[2]. The ONLY reason I considered it was due to Bab Tasa's plug-ins for Premiere. (Which worked wonderfully).

Whatever, I was just curious.

Jay

tmon
08-22-2003, 11:34 AM
Mike,

Thank you for the answer. I've been getting by with BGR24 AVI's vs. RTV's (serving as a background/timing reference), and then I usually render out a 32-bit Targa sequence, re-import via Aura and render an RTV with Alpha from there.

eon5
08-22-2003, 02:38 PM
What other files were required to get RTV capabilities on a non-toaster machine with After Effects?

tmon
08-22-2003, 03:10 PM
Per Mike Watkins, a mere three posts back:

This isn't supported in VT[2] or [3]. Currently, you can't just copy the RTV_IO.aex plugin file to the non-VT machine b/c the actual plugin depends on other libraries (dlls) installed by VT.

Bobt
08-23-2003, 08:36 AM
Jay thanks for the support :p
Havent had much time to say that lately.
I have been working on plugins for Premiere.
So I havent posted much.
Anyway, this is what I have been up to.
Just another plugin for Premiere.

http://www.toastergarage.com/efx.gif
http://www.toastergarage.com/efx1.gif

Its a cool way to do those cut outs.
Being able to scale and position the cut out allows for you to
remove unwanted video and add intrest to a
Pic in Pic.

Bob

eon5
08-27-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Paul Lara
If you wish to read or write Toaster .rtv files on another machine with AfterEffects 5.0 or 5.5 installed, you can accomplish this by copying the plugin RTV_IO.aex to the AE-equipped box.

Paul:

Your solution doesnt work.

Can you please explain waht more we must do to R/W *.rtv files on another machine with AfterEffects installed?

Tkx in advance.

tmon
08-27-2003, 02:07 PM
Once again, regarding the NewTek RTV plugins on a non-Toaster Machine, per Mike Watkins, a mere three posts back:

eon5
08-27-2003, 09:13 PM
taiji, tkx for the reply

we buy 3VT boards... and 1 point because we do it is that our vendor say:

With VT3 you CAN plugin the non-VT machine and render rtv file in NO VT3 machines.

We work A LOT with AE and Combustion... so we bought the boards... AND NOW WHAT! :mad:

Paul Lara said YES YOU CAN
Mike Watkins said NO YOU CANT

this is a joke, is it?

WHAT SUPPORT TYPE IS THIS!?

very very bad things...

creach
09-25-2003, 12:53 PM
Do we have an answer for this question, yet?

I just bought AE and want to know: what must I do to be able to work on .rtv files in my non-VT machine with AE?

Thanks!
Dan

Bobt
09-25-2003, 01:29 PM
These work on non toaster machine and
do a fine job. Go to the bottom of the page.

http://www.toastergarage.com/gpage2.html
After Effects RTV I/O plugins for Toaster

If you need em you can get em.

eon5
09-25-2003, 03:45 PM
After Effects RTV I/O plugins for Toaster... any news if its works with AE version 6?

2- We have 12 PCs working with AE. Its necessary to buy 12 plugin licenses?

Tkx in advance

Bobt
09-25-2003, 04:00 PM
1) AE version 6. I actually dont have it.
I have 5.5 which it works with.

2) Yes its necessary to buy 12 liceneses but I will make you
a deal with a % of because its 12 units.

Bob