PDA

View Full Version : Skeleton Scaling

MartyrOfKharak
06-09-2007, 07:18 AM
Ok, so I finally got the hang of bones and my model articulates wonderfully. Unfortunately...my human model was too small and I have to scale it up quite a bit. When I tried to scale the bones, that didn't work too well. Is there an easier way to do this besides remaking the entire skeleton?

Giacomo99
06-09-2007, 08:08 AM
Not really. If you're using skelegons, you can freely resize them in Modeler.

MartyrOfKharak
06-09-2007, 08:17 AM
Can I convert the bones to skelegons in Layout and transfer them to Modeler for resizing?

Giacomo99
06-09-2007, 09:14 AM
Um...no. Fortunately, drawing skelegons in Modeler is about a million times easier than building them in Layout. (Skelegons have their own problems, but at least one can draw and adjust them fairly easily.)

(I just want to warn you, since you seem to be new here: rigging and CA in LW are incredibly awkward compared to other 3D programs. The poor documentation and low level of responses that I've gotten when posting rigging questions--here, at SpinQuad, and at CGTalk--leads me to believe that very few people have had the patience and commitment to figure the tools out.)

MartyrOfKharak
06-09-2007, 09:17 AM
And how does one go about drawing skelegons in Modeler? I've looked for it but I can't find the tool.

Dodgy
06-09-2007, 09:59 AM
You can use Scale hierarchy to scale all your bones, or just the section you want.

SplineGod
06-09-2007, 11:21 AM
I disagree, I find rigging in layout much easier. THe bone tools give the same functionality you get with skelegons with more options.
As Dodgy said, you can scale things in variious ways. You can also size up your character and the bones will scale up automatically. If you want to convert your bones to skelegons use DStorms Load Bones plugin.