PDA

View Full Version : trouble with qtvr

peter philips
06-09-2007, 06:57 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble rendering out good quicktime VR movies. I'm following the principle laid down in the online tutorials, re. correct number of pan and tilt frames. The trouble is that sometimes they work and sometimes I get movies that I can't control with the cursor keys. If I drag on the image with the mouse (in any direction) they play continuously as a movie, cycling through every rendered frame.

I'm sure that I'm setting up my options correctly. I have a feeling that it might be a bug with lightwave's rendering but I'm not sure. It seems as though the movies may lack the information set up in the options dialogue.

Thanks to anyone that can shed light on this.

peter philips
06-10-2007, 06:56 AM
I think I've worked this one out. The QTVR is working when I make sure that I set my columns pan settings to start at a low angle and end at a high angle. At the same time my start tilt must be higher than my end tilt.

So, to tilt from 0-360 degrees is no good. Must be 360 to 0. The opposite principle is true for panning.

Don't know why this should be the case. It was really annoying for a while. Maybe it's just my system.