PDA

View Full Version : DEdgeSlide

greent
06-09-2007, 05:19 AM
Interactive edge slide.

Download link (http://lightwave.mindnever.org/DEdgeSlide.rar)

Enjoy!

Bytehawk
06-09-2007, 06:00 AM
YOU ARE A DARLING !!!!!!

Immediately added to my shortcut menus.

alifx
06-09-2007, 06:06 AM
NOW this tool is one of my favorites... :D

thanks greent ^_^

bloontz
06-09-2007, 07:23 AM
Thank you! I searched high and low a while back for a plug like this. It works great!

greent
06-09-2007, 08:12 AM
most probably will include point and even polygon sliding in next versions.

Dodgy
06-09-2007, 08:53 AM
And would also be good if it modified UV's along with the edge slide.

artstorm
06-09-2007, 09:17 AM
It works excellent. How much I've longed for this tool in LightWave. It will go right up amongst my most used tools menu in Modeler. Thank you very much for creating it! :)

moc
06-10-2007, 03:10 AM
wooow........
thank you very much......
A great tool I waited for a long time....

Hardwater
06-10-2007, 04:56 AM
I'd like to thamk again for you older tool pack, Wtools....i still use them allot.

Was wondering what version LW this requires and if there will be a mac version.

Thanks =)

kfiram
06-10-2007, 05:29 AM
Great plugin! Thanks!

Would be nice if Uniformness was controlled by the right mouse button.

greent
06-10-2007, 05:35 AM
hardly it will be a mac version since we don't have mac here to build it on.
it was made for version 9.2. we haven't tested it on previous versions.

hrgiger
06-10-2007, 08:01 AM
Hmm, I downloaded it and got a few crashes the first few times I tried to install it. After a bit of fudging around, I got it working.

My question is, where are people finding this most useful? It's always nice to have options, I just can't see where I would use this right away.

alexionne
06-11-2007, 01:59 AM
Ok, thanx for you comments!

Was wondering what version LW this requires and if there will be a mac version.

As greent said, we're developing it for LW 9.2. If it works with previous versions - great! If it doesn't, we're sorry :( As of mac version, it is possible that it would work on mac. I'll try to compile it for mac when I find some C++ compiler for mac, and you can try it then.

Would be nice if Uniformness was controlled by the right mouse button.

Added to todo list, I'll try to do it if LW knows difference between left and right mouse button :)

is it possible to have it respect lw's grid snapping?

Another item in todo list, we'll check this.

Just for your info, I'm currently working on DUniSlide, whichi will also include point sliding and, in some future, polygon sliding. And as much of your requests as possible. See you in few days... :)

kfiram
06-11-2007, 06:43 AM
Just wanted to say -
In the course of the last 2 days, this has become one of my favorite and most-often-used plugins.
Thank you!

kfiram
06-11-2007, 08:13 AM
Minor annoyance:
If you change the selection without dropping the tool (such as when using "Select Next/Prev Loop"), DEgdeSlide reverts to the old selection.

alexionne
06-11-2007, 12:28 PM
Minor annoyance:
If you change the selection without dropping the tool (such as when using "Select Next/Prev Loop"), DEgdeSlide reverts to the old selection.

Thanx for the bug-report, I'll take a look at it :)

will you be updating wedgebevel to a p plugin as well?

Sure, I've already started working on it, but it seems I'll have some more work on sliding before that one ;)

jesusguijarro
06-15-2007, 01:39 AM
Any posibilities in having a Win 64 version?

Very usefull pluging thanks a lot. :thumbsup:

pucc
06-15-2007, 01:59 AM
fabulous!!!
It is what I waited for for a long time.......:agree:
bye
Fausto

c i k l o n
06-15-2007, 02:17 AM
hej Shule svaka cast ! :)

greent
06-15-2007, 02:29 AM
hej Shule svaka cast ! :)

nema frke :-)

heh, nice comment, but if you read carefully .txt files included, you'll notice that i'm involved in this only as an idea 'giver', tester and, hmm... 'distributer'. real credit for this goes to alexione ofcourse :-)
but, hey, thanks for comment anyway.

druitre
06-15-2007, 03:01 AM
Thanks a lot! WEdgeslide has been one of my top-used tools since I found it, and this looks like an improvement.

My question is, where are people finding this most useful? It's always nice to have options, I just can't see where I would use this right away.

Basic use: to modify topology without altering shape.

Example: create a pyramid, knife it horizontally and then realize you want the slice to be on a different altitude. How'd you shift the edges without changing your shape?

I use this continually, on hard as well as organic modeling, to get a clean topology without having to plan it precisely when I'm creating it.

Andy Webb
06-15-2007, 04:34 AM
[QUOTE=jesusguijarro]Any posibilities in having a Win 64 version?

Yes a 64 bit version would be great.

Phil
06-15-2007, 04:46 AM
Ok, thanx for you comments!

As greent said, we're developing it for LW 9.2. If it works with previous versions - great! If it doesn't, we're sorry :( As of mac version, it is possible that it would work on mac. I'll try to compile it for mac when I find some C++ compiler for mac, and you can try it then.

Typically, I'd very cheekily, and without consent, volunteer LightWolf for a porting task, but I'm scared he'll jump on a train from Stuttgart and head over here to teach me a lesson :D

Lightwolf
06-15-2007, 05:05 AM
Typically, I'd very cheekily, and without consent, volunteer LightWolf for a porting task, but I'm scared he'll jump on a train from Stuttgart and head over here to teach me a lesson :D
Try your luck... and I might teach you two lessons for the price of one ;)

Mail me the source: [email protected] and I'll have a look. I can offer ports or all supported versions of LW.

Cheers,
Mike

Portnoy
06-15-2007, 10:16 AM
Hey, don't suppose a mac version is coming soon? Thanks.

Matt
06-15-2007, 11:06 AM
I've been using DEdgeSlide for a while today and so far it's perfect.

If you take requests, it would be nice if it was context sensitive and could slide points along edges, if points are selected. Or failing that a seperate point slide plug-in :)

I use this for sliding points about, works great! Has % and REAL dimensions which ALL plugins should sport. Also has a symmetry mode.

http://www.wagglydog.com/lw/stretchpoint/

moc
06-15-2007, 02:16 PM
I use that one to move point on edge...
very usefull....and stable ...
I found it at a Japaneses web.....
It's a free plugin...

pucc
06-15-2007, 02:49 PM
Thanks Moc, this plug is very usefull, and it remember me another plug from my friend Luigi Martinelli called LM_MoveOnEdge.

With ctrl+right mouse button it select all points
With right mouse button you can change the edge
With left mouse button and moving it right and left the point move.

I'm sorry for my bad english.
Bye
Fausto

mattc
06-15-2007, 09:12 PM
Heheh, after the drought....the flood....

M

alexionne
06-16-2007, 12:53 AM
DISASTER!!! I've just turned on my computer and wanted to add several tasks to my todo list only to find out that somehow all files of DTools (including DEdgeSlide and first version of DEdgeBevel) are GONE! Deleted, no sign of them. I don't know what happened... Sorry guys... No new version in near future.... I'll have to do it all again... From the scratch... This is one sad Saturday morning........

BTW, Uniformness factor in DEdgeSlide is even more powerfull than Factor/Offset: Uniformness=0 means you use Factor, Uniformness=100 means you use Offset (but you don't have manual control of Offset, which I could add), and you can combine them.

greent
06-16-2007, 03:00 AM
DISASTER!!! I've just turned on my computer and wanted to add several tasks to my todo list only to find out that somehow all files of DTools (including DEdgeSlide and first version of DEdgeBevel) are GONE! Deleted, no sign of them. I don't know what happened... Sorry guys... No new version in near future.... I'll have to do it all again... From the scratch... This is one sad Saturday morning........

well,... i have to say that nothing of this is true, alexione called me this morning and told that he accidentally turned on wrong computer where... well, there are none of developing dtools files :-) so, we might say that everything is ok :-)

Lightwolf
06-16-2007, 03:27 AM
well,... i have to say that nothing of this is true, alexione called me this morning and told that he accidentally turned on wrong computer where... well, there are none of developing dtools files :-) so, we might say that everything is ok :-)
;D :l33t: :lol:

I'm glad to only have one development workstation ;)

Cheers,
Mike

Andy Webb
06-16-2007, 05:14 AM
Sounds like someone needs to do a backup :D

IMI
06-16-2007, 05:53 AM
very cool. Thanks! :)

bennyku
06-17-2007, 11:55 AM
i dont get it? what's the difference between using this tool and selecting edges normally in lightwave and using the move tool?

Lito
06-17-2007, 12:50 PM
bennyku: It basically can move the edges without altering the shape. The easiest way to see it is to make a pyramid like shape, then use the knife tool in the middle of the object. Select the edges and use the move tool. Undo and then use the DEdgeSlide tool.

bennyku
06-17-2007, 01:44 PM
i see!!!, i understand now, thanks lito
:thumbsup:

korda
06-20-2007, 07:26 PM
It consistantly crashed LW for me and didn't really seem that useful. am i missing something here

Snosrap
06-20-2007, 07:39 PM
It consistantly crashed LW for me and didn't really seem that useful. am i missing something here
I think he said it was developed for for 9 or 9.2, so maybe it's not stable with other versions. Works great here!

Snosrap

alexionne
06-21-2007, 03:36 AM
Yes, we're developing it for LW 9.2

joshthewimp
06-21-2007, 06:30 AM
I was looking for a plugin like this for a long time. Thanks for posting:thumbsup:

Ethangar
06-21-2007, 07:49 PM
I've been using one called OnEdge for years now. Still works the treat in 9.2. I think it came out for LW 7? Its interactive and lets you slide points down the edge of polys or the whole edge depending on on what handle you grab. Its from hurleyworks.com and is free. I use it religiously for modeling wing roots and anything else that needs a nice smooth blend.

geothefaust
06-24-2007, 02:07 AM
Bump... For those who haven't seen this yet. :)

Amazing plugin, if you don't have it, GET IT!!

ANS
06-29-2007, 05:45 AM
Great tool... i want 64bit flavor, if possible ;)

alexionne
07-02-2007, 01:03 AM
I've hit some unsolvable problems while working on DUniSlide (namely, I can't remove points from within interactive tool), so I'm not able to implement some of the features.

As of DEdgeBevel, I've started work on it, at the moment it can interactively bevel one edge :-)

I plan to pack DTools package in next few days - it will include bugfixed DUniSlide, as well as beta version of DEdgeBevel.

As of Win64 and Mac versions, Lightwolf is official compilator of those versions, so they'll also be in the package.

jesusguijarro
07-02-2007, 03:04 AM
Great new, lot of thanks

alexionne
07-04-2007, 03:33 AM
neat, will it have edge rounding?

I've been talking about this with greent, and we've found even more powerful way than simple Rounding checkbox. DEdgeBevel will include Rounding slider: when it is 0%, there will bi no rounding; when it is 100%, it will have rounding. Any value between will be valid.

Lewis
07-14-2007, 01:27 PM
Niceee, very nice :)

P.S.
Kad stize unislide :) :). Treba nesto stvarno univerzalno da radi posteno u svim modovima. Javite se ako trebate nekog za testiranje :).

mav3rick
08-03-2007, 04:10 AM
Thanks Moc, this plug is very usefull, and it remember me another plug from my friend Luigi Martinelli called LM_MoveOnEdge.

With ctrl+right mouse button it select all points
With right mouse button you can change the edge
With left mouse button and moving it right and left the point move.

I'm sorry for my bad english.
Bye
Fausto

hmm i tryed your plugin and it doesnt listen under new open beta ?
eaven crashed lw

JeffrySG
08-04-2007, 09:15 AM
As of Win64 and Mac versions, Lightwolf is official compilator of those versions, so they'll also be in the package.
That's great! do you know if that includes a MacUB version of the plugins?

Andyjaggy
08-04-2007, 07:39 PM
I downloaded this plugin not really knowing what I would ever need it for and......... within 15 minutes I had situation where I could use it. Awesomeness :D

Andyjaggy
08-05-2007, 09:47 AM
This is my new favorite plugin. So nice to not have to move something and then go in and manually move points around to get it all aligned again. THANKYOU!

geothefaust
03-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Any word on development? I can't recall seeing any updates for the package that was mentioned.

JeffrySG
03-03-2008, 10:10 PM
I haven't heard anything... recently. I still use the LScript version all the time on my MacUB LW...

alexionne
03-04-2008, 03:06 AM
I haven't been working on these tools for a long time. Hope I'll find some time in April, since I'm finishing my Master thesis and several other projects now. Anyway, I'm glad you find it useful :-)

geothefaust
03-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Hey there. :)

Thanks for the update, I really appreciate it. This is seriously one of my favourite plugins.

I know you're very busy, but if you have the time to recompile it for 64bit, that would rule! :D

Thanks again for the update.

IMI
03-04-2008, 04:49 PM
Hey there. :)

Thanks for the update, I really appreciate it. This is seriously one of my favourite plugins.

I know you're very busy, but if you have the time to recompile it for 64bit, that would rule! :D

Thanks again for the update.

Totally agreed!
I love that plugin, but have to go back to 32 bit LW when I need to move edges.
Thanks again. :)

Andyjaggy
05-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Any update on a 64bit version?

JeffrySG
05-07-2008, 02:25 PM
A standard edge slide is so important in subd work that I was hoping we'd see it natively in an upcoming version of LW. I'll have to put in a feature request.

I do have this plugin assigned to my mouse menu I use it so much.... :D

Andyjaggy
05-07-2008, 02:34 PM
It's true, it's a must, as well as the point slide plugin which I use all the time.

Nah, that would require NT actually putting some work into modeler. That's a silly thought.

I'm slightly bitter at the moment, just ignore me.

multipass
05-07-2008, 10:17 PM
in the numeric panel of the translate plus tool you can move a point along a selected edge

jesusguijarro
05-08-2008, 03:31 AM
in the numeric panel of the translate plus tool you can move a point along a selected edge

You are rigth but it dosen't follow the contour of the shape, we need a tool like that that works in 64 bit, is a pain having to shift to Lw32 for this stuff

Andyjaggy
05-08-2008, 08:07 AM

Not the same thing sorry.

geothefaust
06-05-2008, 11:21 AM
Bumpity bump bump.

Hello? *Echoes* Is anyone here? *Echoes* :p

It's a ways past April now, any thing new on the development front for the 64bit version? I've slimmed down on all 3rd party plugins (except for LWCAD and this) in my workflow just so I can use the 64bit version, but I simply can't use LW with out it now.

Please please please deliver it. :D

alexionne
06-06-2008, 07:34 AM
Shame on me for being so lazy!

Ok, here's recompiled version of DTools. I've only tested 32bit versoin of DUniSlide, and it works. I hope that 64bit version also works... Anyway, if it doesn't ... we'll make it work :)

New version is available at:

http://lightwave.mindnever.org/dtools/

Happy modelling!

jesusguijarro
06-07-2008, 05:22 AM
Thank you...:bowdown: :thumbsup:

artstorm
06-07-2008, 05:29 AM
Yes, huge thanks for this one! The DEdgeSlide win64 compile seems to work just excellent! :thumbsup:

Andyjaggy
06-09-2008, 08:36 AM
Thankyou so so much! Yay.

JeffrySG
06-09-2008, 09:19 AM
...just wondering if there are any plans for a MacUB version of the plugins?

no pressure.... just a little begging.... ;)

IMI
06-09-2008, 05:26 PM
Thank you! :)

geothefaust
06-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Yes!! Thank you so much for this. A big sigh of relief and gratitude has just been expelled from my lungs.

Thanks! :D :thumbsup:

alexionne
06-11-2008, 04:29 PM
...just wondering if there are any plans for a MacUB version of the plugins?

no pressure.... just a little begging.... ;)

Well, I would like to provide one, but since I'm developing on Windows, I can't do it right now. I'll try to find some time and setup cross-compilation on my Fedora...

jesusguijarro
07-03-2008, 06:02 AM
Hi, have found a bug, selecting a background layer when using Dunslide 64 bit hang modeler, cannot test in Win 32 by now.

Regards.

zippitt
07-03-2008, 08:39 AM
Wow, I wish I saw this earlier, this is going to save me endless amounts of time...

Now is there one out there for polygon or point slide?

Andyjaggy
07-08-2008, 02:09 PM
There is a point slide one I use all the time, I can't remember the name of it, I'll take a look and get back to you.

Matt
07-08-2008, 05:17 PM
There is a point slide one I use all the time, I can't remember the name of it, I'll take a look and get back to you.

This one? I use it all the time, fantastically useful!

Stretch Point
http://www.wagglydog.com/lw/stretchpoint/

geothefaust
07-08-2008, 05:31 PM
Oooo! Thanks Matt! Nice.

colkai
07-09-2008, 01:44 AM
Be lost without that and edgeslide, of course, LWCAD adds all sorts of goodness to that sort of ability. :)

geothefaust
07-09-2008, 02:18 AM
Be lost without that and edgeslide, of course, LWCAD adds all sorts of goodness to that sort of ability. :)

It sure does, and LWCAD3 looks super amazing!

SP00
07-23-2008, 09:21 PM
I like to add my request for a Mac UB version.

geothefaust
09-15-2008, 07:32 PM
I wanted to bump this thread, just in case anyone out there whom doesn't have this plugin, so they may download it. :)

Enjoy.

geothefaust
09-15-2008, 07:40 PM
Oops, I forgot to ask... How is DEdgeBevel coming along? ;)

geothefaust
09-16-2008, 01:07 AM
Yeah. It's a killer plugin, both of them. I just wish I didn't have to make a poly after beveling the edge. Thankfully, that's the worst of it, as at least we can use it with predictable results.

EdgeSlide is flawless.

akademus
09-16-2008, 11:13 AM
Awesome plug, very useful. In fact, Modeler should have this as a standard tool.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Bravo Aleksa. Odlicno je da neko od nasih pise i plug-inove. Samo napred!!!

Andyjaggy
09-16-2008, 11:33 AM
Yep, edge and point sliding is one of those basic tools I can't believe that we have to rely on a 3rd party plugin for.

JeffrySG
09-16-2008, 11:58 AM
Yep, edge and point sliding is one of those basic tools I can't believe that we have to rely on a 3rd party plugin for.

agreed... and double agreed!

I hope that we see some of these features appear in v10. No point in adding new features to modeler now if they'll just have to be re-written for 10. But I couldn't model easily without an edge/point slide. And I use this lscript all the time!

Andyjaggy
09-16-2008, 12:16 PM
Yeah it's mapped to F11 on my system. All the F keys are assigned to my most used tools.

JeffrySG
09-16-2008, 12:57 PM
yep, it's in my shift-control mouse menus! :)

geothefaust
09-16-2008, 08:01 PM
ALT+F1 for me. ;)

Agreed on standardization. Hopefully we will see something like it for LW10, as you said. I can't imagine basic tools like this not being part of a new modeling toolset.

Matt
09-17-2008, 06:21 AM
Would be great if you could directly slide *any* edge by running this plugin and just dragging edges without the need for pre-selection, clearly it should work with selections too.

But even in its current state, it's one of the most useful Modeler plugins I use (daily).

khaoz
05-05-2009, 02:49 PM
There a way to get this plugin to work with 64bit? or an alternative out there?

alexionne
05-06-2009, 02:27 AM
DTools already has both 32- and 64-bit version. If it doesn't work for you, please let me know, I'll try to fix it.

As of updates to DTools, I didn't have time to work on them :-(

Anyway, I hope we will see these tools as standard one in the LW CORE ;-)

thomascheng
05-06-2009, 05:31 AM
if possible, would love a mac osx intel version :)

zippitt
05-06-2009, 08:39 AM
DTools already has both 32- and 64-bit version. If it doesn't work for you, please let me know, I'll try to fix it.

As of updates to DTools, I didn't have time to work on them :-(

Anyway, I hope we will see these tools as standard one in the LW CORE ;-)

Maybe I am just being dense, but where is the DTools site?

JeffrySG
05-06-2009, 10:45 AM
if possible, would love a mac osx intel version :)

I use the LScript version with no problem on the MacUB LW version.

http://www.spinquad.com/forums/showpost.php?p=199465&postcount=65

thomascheng
05-07-2009, 02:43 PM
nice. thanks for the link.

JeffrySG
05-07-2009, 07:16 PM
nice. thanks for the link.

no prob! :)

zapper1998
05-07-2009, 09:22 PM
wow

tk

JeffrySG
05-07-2009, 09:36 PM
I really couldn't work half as efficient if I wasn't using that LScript for the past year or so...

alexionne
05-08-2009, 01:44 AM
Maybe I am just being dense, but where is the DTools site?

Ups, sorry, forgot to paste link :-)

http://lightwave.mindnever.org/dtools/

mav3rick
04-28-2010, 06:46 AM
bumping this thread... dtools need a bit of update so if author is reading :)
when activating uniedge without point or edge selected it crashes freez modeler. also it would be good if can have it work without need of select points for easier faster editing (sliding)

speismonqui
04-28-2010, 05:04 PM
im running LW 64bit and doesnt seem to work. Is it like SwiftEdgeloop??

alexionne
05-05-2010, 10:56 PM
I (author) am in a lack of spare time at the moment, but I'll have a look at the plugin once I find some. Glad you are using it anyway :)

colkai
05-06-2010, 02:28 AM
Not only using it, pretty essential add-on for Lw's own failings in this area.
Look forward to anything to can do to add power to these tools.
Many thanks! :)

3dWannabe
06-21-2010, 11:25 AM
I (author) am in a lack of spare time at the moment, but I'll have a look at the plugin once I find some. Glad you are using it anyway :)

I believe LightWolf offered to re-compile it if you'd send him the source (he's a 3rd party developer of exrTrader and other tools, so he wouldn't share the source with anyone)?

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showpost.php?p=556590&postcount=31

But, there might be others who would modify it if you released the source to the public?

Hieron
06-21-2010, 04:40 PM
yep, it's in my shift-control mouse menus! :)

omg. There is a shift-control menu? You are right.... pfff I really need to read the manual one day.

JeffrySG
06-21-2010, 08:40 PM
omg. There is a shift-control menu? You are right.... pfff I really need to read the manual one day.

Yep, left middle and right... you can customize them. I couldn't get by without them! :D

borkus
06-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Not to derail the thread, but it's kind of ontrack with the previous two posts. Is there a way to map functions to the mouse buttons? I'd like to map select loop to my middle mouse button. I took a look at the manual and didn't see anything mentioned.

JeffrySG
06-22-2010, 07:34 PM
Not to derail the thread, but it's kind of ontrack with the previous two posts. Is there a way to map functions to the mouse buttons? I'd like to map select loop to my middle mouse button. I took a look at the manual and didn't see anything mentioned.

I don't know of a way in LW to do this, but you might be able to use a hotkey program to assign it to do this.

3dWannabe
06-22-2010, 07:41 PM

If you're on a Mac, you could use this to do just about anything (I'm still searching for something like this for Win7)

http://www.orderedbytes.com/

alexionne
06-23-2010, 04:12 PM
I believe LightWolf offered to re-compile it if you'd send him the source (he's a 3rd party developer of exrTrader and other tools, so he wouldn't share the source with anyone)?

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showpost.php?p=556590&postcount=31

But, there might be others who would modify it if you released the source to the public?

All source code is already available through SVN at
http://tools.assembla.com/svn/dtools/

I will gladly add anyone willing to improve code to team members, so they can commit directly to assembla svn.

Jim M
08-25-2011, 05:08 AM
Is D-unislide meant to deselect the edge afterwards. Bit annoying as this is what it does on LW10.1 here.

jeric_synergy
06-17-2014, 11:47 PM
BUMP :bump:

So, while we have all these generous 3rd party plugins, THANK YOU, just checking: still no native point slide solution, correct?? (Edit Edges will slide a segment, but, that's 2 points.)