PDA

View Full Version : modeler to LW, LW to Modeler button issue

stevenyc
06-08-2007, 12:31 PM
Up until today, the same pre-9.2 issue of the link button between modeler and LW still exists. When I try to send object to LW, the buttons in modeler are greyed out and the 'go to' modeler button in layout do not work. When these buttons were working the other day, when I sent an object from layout to modeler, after I edited the model, saved it, then went back to layout, it refused to update in layout. I also tried using 'sychronize' but no luck. send to layout didn't work. I had to re-import it back into layout.

I want to use my funny mug shot for my icon in the forums. Where do I go to do that?

Giacomo99
06-09-2007, 08:17 AM
Linking Layout to Modeler through the Hub has always been unstable, and 9.2 is no exception.

Sometimes if you quit Modeler, Layout, and Hub, and then relaunch Layout (and try to open Modeler by double-clicking the appropriate object) you can get them all talking again. Sometimes you just need to restart the computer. Good luck.

meshpig
06-12-2007, 04:46 AM
You can't make the connection if the modeler file isn't saved first. Also quit and save from the app. not the menu bar.

I have never found it a problem.

M

eblu
06-12-2007, 09:01 AM
I have never found it to work.
so it hasn't been a problem.

its part of the major structural problems with the hub.

redlum
06-19-2007, 02:04 PM
it is strange but I'm had the same problem with that damn button. I use LW at work on the PC and never had any problems with it. Only on the mac version at home. Very frustrating and time wasted.

sean hargreaves
06-19-2007, 05:50 PM
I never use it as it was intended because its simply a pain! Just save it in Modeller and then close modeller and open it in Layout. Even In Dan Ablans instructional DVD he has trouble with it.