PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question - polygon not deleting in Layout

melmoth2
06-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Hello - forgive a stupid question but I'm working my way through the iPod tutorial in Dan Ablan's Inside Lightwave 9 and I've reached the stage where you create a box set around the iPod (this is from the third iPod video tutorial that comes with the book). I create the box in Modeler and then delete one of the polygons to make an open box (I also flip the polygons to face inwards to make the interior walls of the set). The polygon disappears in Modeler but when I send the model to Layout, or open it in Layout, the poly is still there, although it's now all black (instead of grey) - so I still have a closed box. I tried a test with just a box on its own and that worked fine (polys flipped in and out) and the side was missing so it rendered as an open box - but with the box enclosing the iPod it's not happening, any poly I remove is replaced by a black poly in its place. Any suggestions would be very gratefully received.

Thanks.

Sarford
06-07-2007, 04:23 PM
do you have the surface set to double sided maybe?

melmoth2
06-08-2007, 02:18 AM
do you have the surface set to double sided maybe?
No - I checked and the polygons are single sided. Here's a screen shot of what I'm seeing Layout - the black side is the deleted Poly.

IMI
06-08-2007, 02:26 AM
Can you post a screenshot of the object in Modeler, showing the polygon statistics panel?

melmoth2
06-08-2007, 04:01 AM
Ok - this is really embarassing but I've found out what the issue was - I'm hitting the 'hide' key instead of the delete key! So the polys are being hidden in Modeller but naturally re-appearing in Layout!