PDA

View Full Version : What is your workflow out to DVD?

bgolden
06-07-2007, 02:54 PM
We're currently working with Pinnacle Studio to output to DVD's. There are several formats it can import - one of which is AVI. Anyone working with Lightwave and Studio? If so, what is your workflow? Our output is not clean/crisp and the frames stutter instead of displaying a smooth motion. Me thinks it lies somewhere in the proper CODEC? Any ideas? Thanks . . .

Wonderpup
06-08-2007, 10:15 AM
I don't know studio- Does it have an import image sequence option? If so I would go that way.

Things like AVI's have frame rates embedded, which might be a cause of the stuttering- some kind of frame rate incompatability.

bgolden
06-11-2007, 01:24 PM
Thanks. From what I can tell, Studio can import images but I don't think it can pull in sequences. Just curious what other LW'ers are doing to get animations out to DVD?

Tom Wood
06-11-2007, 03:19 PM
Just curious what other LW'ers are doing to get animations out to DVD?

I render out .TGA image sequences from LightWave that are composited in Mirage where I render out .RTV files for use in VT4, my NLE, then I load the VT4 project into TMPGEnc to make a file that is loaded into DVD Workshop. Whew! :screwy: But it works. :D

Gary Heck
06-13-2007, 07:17 PM
I used an AVI file rendered from lightwave then used the cinepak codec from radius setting in Pinnacle Studio and didn't have a problem.