PDA

View Full Version : How do I save Deform settings?

gschrick
06-06-2007, 07:01 AM
I have a scene where I am using the Bend displacment in the object properties to deform an object. I set up the handle and base and everything works. I then save both scene and objects.

When I load the scene up again, the Bend displacement is reset. It just says "BEND (none) to (none)" and the axis is reset as well. So I have to set up my deform each time I load the scene. It's not too time consuming, but I'm afraid of what will happen when I finish the animation and I render it via the network render. When screamernet opens the scene, will the Deform be reset?

Why is it not saving this in the scene file? Am I missing a step?

LW 9.2 MAC.

Axis3d
06-06-2007, 12:16 PM
I just tried this out on the pc version of LW and it works if I save the scene, then call it back up. Sounds like a bug on the mac version.

Here is a way of saving your deformations until the bug is fixed. Use MD_Scan on your object to capture the point deformations.

If you have your Deform:Bend plugin set up in your Deform Tab, then add the MD_Scan plugin right under it. It will ask you for a place to save the file - also, make sure the First and Last frames are set. When you hit "OK", the points on your model will be recorded. After that, double click on MD_Scan in the list to bring up the Motion Designer Scan Data Save dialogue - and click "OK".

Next, remove the two plugin deformers in your list. Then, add the MD_Plug deformer and double click to open it. Select the .MDD file that you just made and hit "OK" to close the panel. When you scrub the timeline, the model should be doing the exact deformation that it did when it was set up with Bend, except now you have an .MDD file with all of the baked motion in it. If you are not seeing any deformation, check the Geometry Tab and set the Subdivision Order to Last. The MDD file records the motion based on how the Subdivision Order was set.

When you save and recall this scene, it should be ready to go with Screamernet.

Hope this helps.

gschrick
06-07-2007, 05:33 AM
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Can anyone else on a MAC confirm this bug? So I can be sure it's not just my system.

dm_designer
12-16-2008, 07:54 AM
We are having the same problem....
LW 9.2 mac
has this bug been reported?
Seeing as the posts are from a year ago, i would assume that they have.

JeffrySG
12-16-2008, 09:49 AM
You might want to upgrade to 9.3.1, as that is the current public version. Also, 9.5.1 is in OpenBeta for the Mac and it's free too for all owners of v9 and later.