PDA

View Full Version : My particles don't show up in render-n00b

toulouse2k
06-05-2007, 10:24 AM
I am a n00b so I'm missing something simple. Whenever I try to render a particle animation (including those in the Content disc scenes)...nothing shows up in the render. I am following some tutorials, the particles do what they are assigned to do in the Layout screen...they just don't show up in the render. Thank you in advance for your time and advice.

PointC
06-05-2007, 11:14 AM
Is your emitter set to Partigon or HV? Partigon will generate single-point polygons which you can see in a render, but you'll need to add the hypervoxels volumetric to an HV emitter to see them in a render. Press Ctrl+F6 to get to the Volumetrics options and choose HyperVoxels from the Add Volumetric menu and that will give you access to your emitter. From there you can surface your particles. Using VIPER can really help in surfacing. Hope that helps. Cheers. :)

toulouse2k
06-08-2007, 08:28 AM
Thank you PointC, yes, indeed, it helped alot.

crazy_MB
06-08-2007, 08:52 AM
I too am new to LW. I am rendering a semi-transparent object and inside, i have a particle animation. If i turn Ray Trace transparency on, i see the particles perfect, but the transparency has a checkerboard effect. If I turn OFF RayTrace transparency, the transparent object looks perfect, but the particles are not visible. Do i have to have RayTrace on to see particles? Any ideas?
Many thanks in advance.

crazy_MB
06-08-2007, 09:13 AM
Nevermind. It is amazing what you can find out if you just do a search of the forum. Anyway, just switched to Perspective camera.
Alls well

PointC
06-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Glad to hear all is well. Cheers. :)