PDA

View Full Version : OT: Power Point Audio Out

Ed Wallick
06-04-2007, 10:23 PM
We have a fairly new video system at our church and we have a man who runs the Power Point presentations through the Easy Worship software program. I was very instrumental in setting up the system and installing the software, however, I haven't looked at it for some time and he asked me how to get audio out to patch in to our audio board. Does it require a sound card or could it be taken from the PC speaker output?

Do I need to buy a sound card?

This is not a VT setup (yet!)

Ed

jackz
06-04-2007, 10:56 PM
Ed

It seems like you just need to use the speaker output from your PC or Laptop and connect it to your sound board with the correct cable.

You might also need to ensure the Windows audio mixer has the levels set correctly and are not muted.
It would be hard to image you have a PC or laptop without basic sound output (rare but not impossible).

Jack Z.

billmi
06-05-2007, 07:01 AM
Yep, that's exactly it. I've run the same setup before - the computer with Easy Worship feeding video to the projectors and audio to the sound board. There is no need to buy another sound card for the computer - the speaker out line from the computer is coming from the sound board in the computer (whether it is physically a different board or integrated into the motherboard.)

One tip though - pop into Windows' Control Panel for sound, and turn off the various alert sounds. Otherwise if the person on the sound board isn't alert and just leaves the channel from the computer open when it isn't being used for Easy Worship, Windows alerts, or boot/shutdown sounds can come as a surprise over the sound system.

Ed Wallick
06-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the confirmation of the PC Speaker output and especially for the tip on the Control Panel/Sound alerts. That's the kind of thing that could be embarassing if not caught beforehand.

Thanks again,
Ed

billmi
06-05-2007, 10:25 AM
Especially if you have a choir rehearsal that is not needing much attention and decide to listen to a Tricaster demo on YouTube because you are sketching plans for video expansion, and suddenly Phillip Nelson's voice is going through the mains.

Not that I've ever done that or anything....

OK, maybe I have...