PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some music tracks to buy...

Lamont
06-04-2007, 06:03 PM
I'm doing a trade show video and I keep coming across very crappy music. I know some of you have dealt with this, so please point me to the best place to buy music.

Matt
06-04-2007, 06:34 PM
You mean non-commercial tracks, but license free stuff?

Lamont
06-04-2007, 06:38 PM
Yeah. Well, kinda. I mean if I have to pay a bit more for the quality of the music, I will.

Wonderpup
06-05-2007, 08:16 AM
I use Sonic Fire Pro to create music for my stuff- it's surprisingly good for a 'canned' music system and a lot of flexibiliy with timings and moods. Worth a look if you need licence free music, and very easy to learn.

( Mmm-I read so much spam these days it's creeping into my writing style:D - but I don't work for these guys- I just like the product)

BeeVee
06-05-2007, 08:36 AM
Have a look at the Internet Archive (http://www.archive.org/index.php) too. There's a lot of music on there with an open CC licence, or freely available.

B

robewil
06-05-2007, 09:07 AM
There's some very nice stuff at Shockwave-sound.com (http://www.shockwave-sound.com/?source=industrybrains)

Lamont
06-05-2007, 10:27 AM
I use Sonic Fire Pro to create music for my stuff- it's surprisingly good for a 'canned' music system and a lot of flexibiliy with timings and moods. Worth a look if you need licence free music, and very easy to learn.
Yeah, well, I'd have to re-do my bid if I made my own music. I don't want to hit a wall while working on this. :D.

wavk
06-05-2007, 10:31 AM
what kinda mood? i have sum tracks lying around.

mlon

Jim_C
06-05-2007, 10:49 AM
The Music Bakery has a nice selection of quality stuff.
Instant download and single servings
http://www.musicbakery.com/

Digital Juice has really nice music beds also, but I am not sure if there are single downloads or if you have to do the entire collection.

http://www.digitaljuice.com/products/product_volumes.asp?cid=1&pvid=1

Matt
06-05-2007, 11:26 AM
I have some old Amiga modules I did! ;)

Steamthrower
06-05-2007, 03:00 PM
freesound.org

Browse around, it's a fairly classy place. I think it all has a GPL license.

cholo
06-05-2007, 03:32 PM
KPM music has some quality stuff. West One Music is also one of my favorite libraries. Other recommended libraries would be the 615 music library, the ded good music library, Cavendish Music and Music House. Some of those have their collections online for you to listen. You may have to look for a local rep to get licensing details and pay licensing fees. Here in Mexico, our representative is called Music and Images and they are very professional and helpful and they have fullfilled our music needs for many years.

CoryC
06-05-2007, 08:32 PM
I found this place today - www.fotosearch.com and they happened to have some descent buy-out libraries, most of which can be purchased at a good price by the track.

THREEL
06-05-2007, 10:46 PM
I use SmartSound at this time for my video projects. It's also canned, but has given me some pretty decent results. The cool thing about it is that you can pick a style of music and here a preview. Then, once you find a style you like, just hi-light your clips that you want to give background music, and let SmartSound do the rest.

I'm sure that it is available for a variety of video editing platforms. One down side is that sometimes you may not get a perfect ending to the music. So, at times you have to play around with the length of the track a little.

tHREEL, but you can call me AL.

Wonderpup
06-06-2007, 02:14 PM
Yeah, well, I'd have to re-do my bid if I made my own music. I don't want to hit a wall while working on this. .

That's exactly what I do. I originaly just used the software to make the music for my own showreel- but it was so nice and easy to use that I now offer music creation as a service.

bobakabob
06-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Check out the MP3s on our website (guitar rock) :)

sean hargreaves
06-07-2007, 08:50 AM
For music tracks, you can contact:

[email protected]

Talk to Mike Mouracade.