PDA

View Full Version : LW 9.2 Crash

Snowhill06
06-04-2007, 11:47 AM
Ok I posted this question on the lw pc support thread to. This thread seems to be more active so I am posting my problem here to.
Just recently about 2 or 3 weeks ago I downloaded and installed the 9.2 lw update that was in my downloads folder on this site. I had the 9.0 version before which worked just fine. For about a week the 9.2 version was also working well for me but sometime around last week it just wouldnt let me startupl the program anymore. I do have a firewall it is the McAfee one. I am pretty sure it is not a problem with the firewall because whenever I run a program for the first time McAfee always asks me with a popup if I would like to allow this program to run. I did select grant access and for about a week the 9.2 was running smoothly. Then one day I clicked on it to startup id started to load like usual but then it did a not responding thins with the program all turning all white and evreything.I tried rebooting my computer to try again but it just kept doing the same thing! It has been doing this for a couple of weeks now! Just a few days ago I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling a fresh copy with no third party plugins and the same thing kept happening! I still have lightwave 8.5 installed along with 9.2.LW8.5 starts up just fine and works great but not 9.2.I would like to try reinstalling the 9.0 version but i deleted the install exe file that I downloaded from my accounts download folder on this site. Also the 9.0 version is not in the downloads folder anymore just 8.5 and 9.2. Does anyone else have this problem?If so have do you know how to fix it?

Snowhill06
06-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Never mind I found out what the problem was!LoL. It was because I didnt reinstall the sentinall drivers when i installed the 9.2 version. I just didnt think I needed to install them with each new install because the were already installed with lW8.5.I guess you do need to reinstall them evrey time you install a new version of lightwave. Mods these posts can be deleted by the way.