PDA

View Full Version : Nancy's gunbelt pics?

2BitSculptor
06-03-2007, 12:20 PM
I have a project that could use some clear, fairly well lit pics to reference of Nancy's gunbelts from the Sin City movie, or Neca's Nancy figure. I need the tooled leather detail from as many sides as possible..
I've got most of the hi rez promo-pics, and a few grabs from the first DVD. I can only pick out a small portion of the detail, not enough to reconstruct much, if any of it.

I may have to pick up the unrated/expanded version, too, to see if there are any better pics... I'd hate it though if there were none... but I don't know anyone with that version.

If anyone has anything of that nature and would like to share, Thanks!

Chuck

mattclary
06-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Can't you just improvise and fake it? Does it REALLY have to be 100% accurate?

Silkrooster
06-03-2007, 07:24 PM
There must be images of gun belts that are approximates to it. A Google search should provide plenty of samples. If not a sports store such as cabellas (not sure if it is 1 L or 2 L's) should have gun belts that they sell, so they should have images on their web site.
Silk

2BitSculptor
06-03-2007, 10:13 PM
thanks for the suggestions.

I had already done a search in various engines and actually found fewer examples than you would think. while some were interesting, they didn't quite fit what I had in mind, or fit in with the details I had been able to somewhat interpret from photos of the costume.

I really hate having to be 'creative' if I can find actual reference first. because of the size of the final result, I can 'float' some of the detail, but it has to have some sense of continuity in the style.

Thanks again.

Chuck

Verlon
06-06-2007, 03:08 PM
Well, from the posters, she appears to be wearing one gun belt at any given time (in either left or right handed configuration).

Its looks like a fairly standard 'cowboy belt.' Unless you want THAT EXACT belt, go look for a much easier to find well lit photo of the Lone Ranger. If you want 'dual gunbelt' looks, try Silverado. Kevin Costner's character wore two pistols and was well lit most of the movie. Besides, Silverado was a fun movie (John Cleese as a sherriff "Today, my jurisdiction ends right here...").

Next stop, if the above won't do (and here is a fun research project), head down to the local strip club. Ask a dancer. You might even find one wearing the rig in Texas. That failing, ask the dancer where she buys her outfits and go THERE (many of said clubs also have a shop that sells outfits as part of a legal loophole). The sexy gunslinger is not that uncommon a theme.

Then, if this project pays, you can deduct time spent in a men's club from your taxes as needed research, and be the envy of all your friends (that are attracted to females, anyway).

Now THERE is some information I never expected to need. :D

Jim_C
06-06-2007, 03:22 PM
Another crazy and maybe far fetched idea, but contact Robert and his studio, see if they will help. He seems like a cool grass roots fella....
Couldn't hurt...
(Unless he wants royalties)

TROUBLEMAKER DIGITAL STUDIOS INC
515 Congress Ave Ste 2300
Austin, TX 78701-3508
http://ecpa.cpa.state.tx.us/coa/servlet/cpa.app.coa.CoaGetTp?Pg=tpid&Search_Nm=TroubleMaker%20&Button=search&Search_ID=32005802866

Director: Robert Rodriguez
PO BOX 608
Spicewood , TX 78669
http://ecpa.cpa.state.tx.us/coa/servlet/cpa.app.coa.CoaOfficer

An Alternative address:

Robert Rodriguez,
Director, Producer, Writer.
Troublemaker Studios
4900 Old Manor Road,
Austin, TX, United States, 78723
://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1&q=%22Robert+Rodriguez%22+%22Troublemaker+Studios%2 2+%22Austin%2C+TX%2C+United+States%22&btnG=Search

Troublemakers Studios Website
http://www.loshooligans.com/

2BitSculptor
06-07-2007, 05:54 PM
I sent off an inquiry to RR about the holster designs...

we shall see. :2guns:

2BitSculptor
06-19-2007, 09:29 PM
Didn't get any response to my inquiry.

It's not LW related in any way, but I'd like to show it off. It is 1/6 scale, made from Polymer clay and some Aves Apoxy. There is lots of work left to do to finish it.

I Finally made some headway on the holster and belt tooling. The belts are only somewhat like the ones she was wearing (very little was readable in the hi-res promo pics), the holsters are complete fabrications, as I found zilch on the actual tooling designs. I still have to lay in the bullets on the front tomorrow and clean up the edges of the holster loop-thru.

I wanted to thank all of you who offered assistance in locating referenc pics for the belts and holsters.

Chuck

http://www.2bitstudio.com/gallery3/working/nancy/nancy07061901sm.jpg
http://www.2bitstudio.com/gallery3/working/nancy/nancy07061902sm.jpg

Jim_C
06-19-2007, 10:03 PM
Dang.. That's sweet...!

And may I say (in context of modeling)... Nice *****... :D

sammael
06-19-2007, 11:22 PM
Great model, im curious what sort of polymer clay do you use? Also how do you finish the model, does it have to be baked/fired?

sammael
06-19-2007, 11:26 PM
I wonder could you explain briefly the process of using this material? eg: do you generally block out the main form and then add details on top or carve the detail into it. Be nice to know what you use as an inner frame as well to hold the whole thing together.
I imagine the whole thing is not solid right?

2BitSculptor
06-19-2007, 11:40 PM
Thanks!

Sammael, I use primarily SuperSculpy firm gray, blended 50:50 with regular SuperSculpy (beige). The figure is modeled over an aluminum wire armature which has been bulked up a bit with aluminum foil in the thicker section. It is both an additive and a subtractive method, blocking out the main forms and adding, blending, carving, etc. the details in series. I bake the figure in stages as I build it up, increasing the level of detail with each stage.

There is a final full bake (as with most polymer clays) at around 250 F for about 1 1/2 hr, then allowed to cool before removing from the oven.

A few details are done with apoxie sculpt, a 2 part epoxy resin modeling compound, usually foundation work to add polymer clay over the top when cured.

Chuck

sammael
06-19-2007, 11:50 PM
Awesome, thanks for the info, I used to do a bit of latex casting myself until I discovered computers :(
I have not seen this sculpy material before but im keen to have a crack at it now, ill see what they have at the local craft supplier. It would be nice to make something physical again. Just to clarify you can block it in and then bake it and then bake it numerous times as you add more detail?
Thanks again.

lardbros
06-20-2007, 12:30 PM
Holy WOW!! That's bloody magnificent, if only i had that much skill with my hands!! Im actually gobsmacked, it's gorgeous! Now, any chance you could make me a life-size, walking, talking model? :)

CMT
06-20-2007, 12:59 PM
That's some wicked talent! I love your other models on your site too! Your Underworld Kate Beckinsale is beautiful. Got a closeup of your Jessica?

2BitSculptor
06-24-2007, 10:33 PM
Thanks again....

I don't have any other close-ups as yet.... when I get a bit more done with tightening the detail I'll shoot some more, I've still got a ways to go on her.

Chuck