PDA

View Full Version : Desktop Images VFX

codyburke610
06-02-2007, 02:22 PM
Has anybody had any of these DVD's before? http://desktopimages.com/VFX.shtml
Im thinking about getting them for my 15th B-Day that is coming up and I just wanted to get some feedback about them. I want to get the 3-D Effects Compositing and the Set Extensions one.
-cody-

djlithium
06-02-2007, 06:19 PM
Get the whole set if you can, but if you can't grab the technical direction or the dynamics dvd instead of the set extensions one. Grab that later on.

codyburke610
06-02-2007, 07:04 PM
So your saying get the technical direction one or the dynamics dvd instead of getting the set extensions one? I wanted to get the 3D Compositing and Set Extensions DVD becuase the both use that program called Discreet Combustion. But heres the problem. Does that software come with the DVD's becuase I searched for it online and it is about 700 dollars. thanks for helping me out
-cody-

stevecullum
06-04-2007, 10:33 AM
While I havent seen this particular DVD, most of the compositing techniques discussed in videos of this type can usually be transfered to another comping app. After Effects for example or Fusion. AE has a demo version and Fusion has a PLE.

Personally I prefer using Fusion or AE as Combustion has a strange interface IMO.

As with 3D programs, they all do the same thing, just differently.

codyburke610
06-04-2007, 01:34 PM
Ok. Thanks for the help Steve! I work with After Effects sometimes at my art school, so maybe I could just do it there. thanks
-cody-

Silkrooster
06-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Don't forget to check for educational versions. that can save you some cash, atleast until you are ready to go commercial.
Silk