PDA

View Full Version : Config Files

Andyjaggy
06-02-2007, 10:54 AM
I started LW up today and suddenly all my menus were back to default and my shortcut keys were changed and half the tools like band glue are missing. How do I reload all the basic tools back in like band glue? Or do I need to reinstall?

IMI
06-02-2007, 11:14 AM
If you're on XP, you could do a "system restore" and get your old configs back, assuming the Windows partition is being monitored by system restore.
Or, you could simply reload the plugins.
Chances are, they're still in there, but maybe have to be reassigned to the menu and/or shortcut keys, Alt+F9 and Alt+F10.

Strange though how you lost your configs - might have gotten corrupted someow. Always back that stuff up somewhere, plus it doesn't hurt to save menu and Shortcut config files as well.

Andyjaggy
06-02-2007, 11:24 AM
The plugins are not there. I am missing all sorts of stuff like bandsaw pro, band glue, export to OBJ, multishift etc........ I don't have system restore so that's not an option. No idea what happened. I am sure the plugins are still in the LW folder but how do I load them all back in?

IMI
06-02-2007, 11:54 AM
I don't know. I'm thinking they might be part of the ModelerTools.p plugin, if that's what it's called. I haven't messed with manually loading plugins in quite a while and can't remember, and can't check LW right now, since that computer is doing other stuff at the moment.
Offhand, I think the add plugins thingy is in the utilities tab. I'm not even sure if that's what it's called - I've been using my own custom menus for so long I can't remember.

Andyjaggy
06-02-2007, 12:17 PM
I just had it scan the modeler plugins directory and that seemed to add everything. Hopefully there isn't anything missing that is in a different folder. I tried to scan the whole plugin folder but then modeler would crash everytime I tried to close it and when I opened it again everything was missing again. I still have to go assign all my shortcut keys again though. Grrrrrrr.

Andyjaggy
06-02-2007, 12:18 PM
I've really started to notice all sorts bugs since I started using LW for work everyday. I am sure every program is like that but it still irks me :)

IMI
06-02-2007, 01:19 PM
There definitely seems to be a bug in the key shortcuts and menu editing panels, because Modeler, for me at least, will crash often when closing those. The thing to do though is to be sure to save those menu and key cfg files in some location. I think that LW even creates a cfg file to tell itself where any custom cfg files are located, for when it loads. ;)
Or maybe it's just a path to where to save future files - in any event, it remembers the location.
I don't ever have any problems with the configs, though (knock on wood), but I couldn't count the threads everywhere of people having troubles.
Gremlins. :D