PDA

View Full Version : Trailer for the New Fantasy-Epic D-War

Wickster
06-01-2007, 11:32 PM
The video is kinda ... well actually really low-res, but I'm a big fan of dragons and mythical creatures ... dragons especially ... dragons wrecking modern day buildings most especially. so I've been waiting for this for awhile now. Watch it while it's still there.
http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_8291.html

Hmm, would it be a bad idea to add a "CG-News" section here on the NT forums so fanatics like me could post movie-previews, making-ofs, trailers and news...I really don't going to CGTalk anymore but their CG-News section is quite comprehensive...Just a thought. :)

oDDity
06-02-2007, 08:26 AM
That's because CGT is a general CG forum, and this forum is specific to LW, so unless the CG news is related to lightwave, such as that trailer having been made using LW, it' s not relevant.
You go to general CG forums for your CG news, and come here for Lw related CG topics.

Sarford
06-02-2007, 07:12 PM
hmm, not realy my thing, looks like a regular Godzilla flick only this time he has no legs :D

duke
06-03-2007, 02:11 AM
That's because CGT is a general CG forum, and this forum is specific to LW, so unless the CG news is related to lightwave, such as that trailer having been made using LW, it' s not relevant.
You go to general CG forums for your CG news, and come here for Lw related CG topics.

It's a Lightwave community forum, and General Discussion is in fact not under any software category at all, so it's completely appropriate to talk about general CG related items here.

sammael
06-03-2007, 02:19 AM
hmm, not realy my thing, looks like a regular Godzilla flick only this time he has no legs :D
I agree, I found it painful to watch the trailer... dont know I how I would cope with the actual movie.
It looks like typical holywood crap to me with low budget b grade effects and a storyline (or lack of) to match.

oDDity
06-03-2007, 04:25 AM
It's a Lightwave community forum, and General Discussion is in fact not under any software category at all, so it's completely appropriate to talk about general CG related items here.

Exactly, post what you want here, but he's talking about setting up a new dedicated 'CG news' section of the forum.
What's the point, when there are so many other sites to go to for that.
Of course, I suppose you guys are all still convinced of this global conspiracy that's going on, whereby Autodesk is paying money to all general CG sites in return for them not mentioning Lightwave in any production article.
That might be a reason to set up your own CG news section.

Phil
06-03-2007, 06:18 AM
Blimey, Oddity, you're only two posts in on a thread and are bristling for a fight already. Why do you need to constantly adopt this abrasive attitude? :(

LightWuv
06-03-2007, 08:42 AM
Oddity had a point here.

Watch it while it's still there. http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_8291.html

Thanks for the link, Wickster. Looked like good B-grade stuff - which in my mind is a whole grade better than Godzilla :D

Hmm, would it be a bad idea to add a "CG-News" section here on the NT forums so fanatics like me could post movie-previews, making-ofs, trailers and news...I really don't going to CGTalk anymore but their CG-News section is quite comprehensive...Just a thought. :)

Yeah, I think it would :) Just keep posting tidbits here, no harm in that, and thanks for this post.

I'm thinking, if you want to post ten items every day it might be worth that extra click to go to CGTalk anyway, and if not, I don't think we need a dedicated section?

Wuv

colkai
06-03-2007, 10:03 AM
Well I'm all for getting stuff like this.
Maybe hokey, maybe the Big G sans legs, but still looks like fun. :)

sammael
06-03-2007, 10:10 AM
I just cant handle when the actors are trying to be serious in these types of movies, its got nothing on b grade stuff like Starship Troopers and Armies of Darkness to my mind, now thats entertainment :D

Wickster
06-03-2007, 11:25 AM
The funny thing is I saw bits and pieces of this movie like ... two years ago. Which would explain why the FX might look outdated. I also thought it was a Korean Film.

Here's what used to be its homepage (the page is half dead but some of the cool concept art links are still working)

http://www.younggu-art.com/dragonwars/index_dwar.htm

and here is a cool article about it:
http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2006/11/12/afm-afi-fest-report-2-d-war/

Wickster
06-03-2007, 11:37 AM
The reason I don't like going to CGTalk is because of their setup and the unfriendly atmosphere. Actually my main reason would be not about CGTalk at all, if I find something interesting (not much) I usually like to inform my friends here are the NT forums first.

It's like one of those great deals that you find accidentally on the store and only for a limited time. You keep it to yourself and you tell only the ones closest to you so they one before the world finds out. This here forum is my family ... of some sort, so if I see something interesting I'd like to share it with the rest of you.

Plus some of us here don't go to CGTalk anymore, I'd like to inform them of the things that might interest them outside of the NT forums. That's all. :)

LightWuv
06-03-2007, 01:06 PM
Just keep doing what your doing right now, I for one appreciate it, thanks! Wouldn't have noticed D-War otherwise, for example.

I do go to CGTalk myself. Unless you're thinking about the Lightwave forum I can't say I've noticed any untoward harshness/unfriendliness.

The LW forum at CGTalk nowadays strikes me as pretty OK, though. It can be a tough crowd sometimes, and there are a few trolls that pop by, but it's not without value.

Check the Messiah forum for example. The grass ain't greener, the names just change. And people still help eachother.

Just my 0.2 NOK,
Wuv

Sarford
06-04-2007, 04:07 AM
Blimey, Oddity, you're only two posts in on a thread and are bristling for a fight already. Why do you need to constantly adopt this abrasive attitude? :(

Ok Phil, take a few deep breaths... relax...ok, you feel better now? Ok, read oDDit's posts again... see, nothing wrong with them. Fine, thats settled ;)

@ LightWuv: same here. I frequent the CG Society forums longer than the LW forum and I've never experienced anything out of the ordinary.

cresshead
06-04-2007, 06:01 AM
thanks for the ''heads up'' on this!

looks like a fun film to me!
and what exactly would a 'c' grade movie look like..or indeed a 'a' grade movie...fx look top banana to me...from lo res trailer.

Phil
06-04-2007, 10:18 AM
Ok Phil, take a few deep breaths... relax...ok, you feel better now? Ok, read oDDit's posts again... see, nothing wrong with them. Fine, thats settled ;)

@ LightWuv: same here. I frequent the CG Society forums longer than the LW forum and I've never experienced anything out of the ordinary.

'Of course, I suppose you guys are all still convinced of this global conspiracy that's going on, whereby Autodesk is paying money to all general CG sites in return for them not mentioning Lightwave in any production article.'

That still looks like an attempt to stir up trouble to my eye. If it wasn't, a hint that it was a joke would have been in order, especially given certain reputations around here.