PDA

View Full Version : Image projection on primtives

pdp editor
06-01-2007, 10:30 AM
I'm having a problem with creating a two sided disc and mapping separate images to both sides. The attachments to this post show both the layout and F9 render views. the problem is two fold. First the second image I mapped is reversed. I tried using scale, position, rotation, falloff to fix the problem to no avail. I have notice that modeler always flips one or more of the images applied to an object. Secondly; why does layout render the far side of the coin- the side away from the lens. If you look at the view of layout and the F9 view you will see the two different sides. The side facing the camera in layout should be the one that is rendered. My thoughts are this may be related to the way I created the object.

Sekhar
06-01-2007, 11:49 AM
Looks like your surfaces are pointing the wrong way. Select a face in modeler, and you'll likely see it pointing (note the normal line that comes out of the surface) into the object rather than out.

To reverse a surface, select it and hit the "f" key. To reverse all, deselect everything, and then hit the "f" key.

Amurrell
06-01-2007, 08:57 PM
One of the reasons why the image is flipped is because in it's default position (the position the object was modeled in) this would be the back side of the projection, meaning that the image is projected through the object to the side it needs to be on, like watching a movie from the other side of the screen. Two ways to fix this are 1) use a UV map to map the image directly onto the object, or 2) flip the image in a paint program like Photoshop and use that image instead.

I've come across this several times (as I'm sure others have) and this is the way that I fix the buggers.