PDA

View Full Version : Clicking Noise from SX-84

logic28
05-31-2007, 07:41 PM
Hi everyone,

Here is another of our lovely topics for a thread; I wonder if any of you has ever encountered a similar thing.

With the excitement of the new machine it took me a little while to realize that, after a period of running time, the VT4 audio mixer was producing a moderate never-the-less disturbing clicking noise at its output.

After investigation it resulted in coming in from the SX-84 input master even with all inputs being turned off and physically unplugged.

It is a very precise repetitive click on both channels which occurs exactly every 13 seconds only after the machine has warmed up and gets worse
the longer it runs.

It sounds just like an audio-filtering capacitor discharging at a regular interval or maybe some kind of unwanted semiconductor (such as dust can be some times) but this is a new machine and I doubt that unless a foreign object
is floating inside the box.

On the other hand, if some of you have experienced something similar and discovered what it is, then please let me know as I am reluctant to open the SX-84 unless I really have to.

Unfortunately I am working in Europe at the moment and I won't be in the U.S. until late this year otherwise I could simply send it back to Newtek for a quick test.

Thank you guys, and if you don't have problems, have fun!

Maz:D

PIZAZZ
05-31-2007, 09:00 PM
Disconnect the SX8 completely.

Plug pair of headphones in the 1/8" audio jack on the VT card.

That will tell you if it is a card issue or bob issue. I suspect the card since I have had this happen to us before.