PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for Lightwave.

starprog
05-31-2007, 05:17 PM
Just wanted to say I am finally here on Newtek forums, I waited a long time for this day. Our company finally made the switch. Goodbye 3dMax and hello Lightwave. I find lighwave sooo much easier to use and to be honest very powerful for the price. I have to admit I was part of the push. Anyways I just wanted to say hello to everyone and I will give any help when I can and of course I will be asking for some. Looking forward to some great discussions.

Castius
05-31-2007, 05:25 PM
Welcome aboard.

Dodgy
05-31-2007, 05:58 PM
Hiya :)

Sarford
05-31-2007, 06:08 PM
welcome mate

Matt
05-31-2007, 06:15 PM
If you need any help with the transition just post away, you'll find everyone very helpful here!

starprog
05-31-2007, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome! See even the forums seem to be better already. :-)

hrgiger
05-31-2007, 10:02 PM
If you need any help with the transition just post away, you'll find everyone very helpful here!

Well most everyone. We all apolgize for oDDity.

Welcome aboard.

Earl
05-31-2007, 10:57 PM
Welcome, and congrats on the switch (nothing against Max, though).

AbnRanger
06-01-2007, 12:47 AM
So, what was the reasoning behind the switch, if you don't mind telling?
I use both, and have cussed Max numerous times, but that's what I learned on, and am still most comfortable with. There are a number of things that Max does better, and yet others where LW holds an advantage. So, I figured I had better use both...making use of their strengths.
Don't go too long before you get Fprime into the mix

DiedonD
06-01-2007, 01:30 AM
Welcome aboard. I never did like Max neither. Its tooo....Maxed out!

scratch33
06-01-2007, 01:35 AM
Welcome aboard. And good switch, yes, very good...:D :thumbsup:

Bytehawk
06-01-2007, 01:48 AM
thanks for joining us !

Don't hesitate to ask questions here when you get stuck.
The search function on this website is also a great resource (yeah even for us seasoned users:))

starprog
06-01-2007, 01:51 AM
AbnRanger, the reason for the switch is because one is that Max tangles modeling with animation, I prefer them seperate. I work on quad monitors and love to have the applications seperate. With lightwave I can tweak the individual models easier with out messing with the scene. Max felt too cluttered and they love to hide tools even in professional mode. Lightwave seems to give you more control over your own setup (menus that is). I have worked with Max for years because of the company I work for used it. I have to agree there are some strengths Max has over Lightwave, however looking at the posts in the forum and lightwave tools, those weaknesses are just me not knowing how to do it. I have noticed there is a definate bridge to cross but our company has supplied us with some great training that I am currently in now. So the bottom line is I have nothing against Max, I am just looking forward to the change.

starprog
06-01-2007, 01:56 AM
Oh and thanks for mentioning fprime, I was hoping lightwave had something that compared to Brazil. That was one of our worries.

starprog
06-01-2007, 02:06 AM
forget that last post, Brazil doesn't give feedback like fprime, that is awesome! I was totally thinking something different.

colkai
06-01-2007, 02:26 AM
Welcome aboard, if your into Arch Viz, i'd suggest plumping for LWCAD2 as well, it's worth it weight in gold. Plus it's snapping tools are a joy. :D

starprog
06-01-2007, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the info on lwcad2 I just downloaded the free version from lightwave register. So far very impressive.

GraphXs
06-02-2007, 09:20 PM
Congrats on getting LW, I wish I had that power at my job. I do use LW in my pipeline, but I'm the only one. MAX is our main tool, and it can drive me insane. X-ref file corruptions, bloated file corruptions, merge animation issues, (MRay)render errors, etc,etc! Ya, Max does have its good points (CS), but LW just feels right, Model, Texture, Render, even simple animation, what a breeze! thumbsup:

LW>Z-Brush>Max :D :D :thumbsdow

T

Bog
06-03-2007, 05:45 AM
Welcome aboard :D The 9.x cycle's been incredbily exciting so far.

Amurrell
06-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Welcome to the community (if you haven't heard it enough already) :) Many more improvements to come.