PDA

View Full Version : 9.2 Trouble

djmm62
05-31-2007, 09:24 AM
Hi guys, Ive been having some trouble with 9.2 and I was wondering if I
am having NVidia Vista drivers trouble or is 9.2 VERY unstable.Modeller keeps crashing out (even when I'm working in Layout),the viewports blank out when I hover the mouse over the menu's for too long and the viewports black out when I drag them to adjust thier size. Im using 2.4 GHs core 2 Duo,2 gig ram
with NVidea 7800 gt so it should be more than adequate. Please let me know if anyone else is having these sorts of problems.

djmm62
05-31-2007, 09:28 AM
I should say NVidea 7900 Gt---My Mistake

byte_fx
06-01-2007, 12:43 AM
My first thought is ..... Vista itself.

From several sources I've heard Vista doesn't play nice with any 3D app.

Same type of problem.

Another possible problem - Vista is glutous maximus ... meant to say EXTREMELY system ram hogging. That leaves very little for mundane tasks like the apps you want to run.

This can also cause the type of problems you describe.

Last I heard NewTek advised against using Vista until at least it's first rev comes out.

Apparently this is also what other 3D packages are also advising.

If you're on a 32 bit system try bumping systm ram to 4 gig. A bit of it may go unused bit at least you'll know that isn't the problem.

Vista is also a cpu hog. I wouldn't try it on anything less than a dual 3 ghz box. Well, actually, I wouldn't try it all.

Unless there's some compelling reason to run Vista (and I don't mean being the only guy on your block using it) grab an XP SP2 install disk while you still can and dump Vista.