PDA

View Full Version : LW and intergration with the computer of the future!

Twisted Designs
05-30-2007, 08:04 AM
I was sitting back this morning drinking a cup of coffee and reading through the daily news, as I often do before jumping head first into a pile of work, when I found a story that sent my mind wondering to new depths of its creative pits.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070530/ap_on_hi_te/microsoft_coffee_table_of_the_future

The PC of tomorrow is SURE to take us 3d enthusiasts to a whole new level in our creative abilities. Anyone else get wondering how awesome advances like this could make our work?

Mr Maze
05-30-2007, 02:09 PM
I saw a video last year that had the inventor of this tech showing it off. Wish I still had that vid I would post it.

It basically showed him using the screen/computer, moving around images, blowing them up, etc. and talking about how our method of input (mouse, keyboard) and computer interaction are outdated and need to evolve.

hrgiger
05-30-2007, 02:37 PM
There is already a thread going about it here. http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69226 Watch the videos, they're very cool.

Dave Jerrard
05-31-2007, 07:09 PM
Yet another idea that was already available about two decades ago. When I was in college there was a similar system in development, aimed more at engineers and CAD designers, that was the size of a standard drafting/light table, that has a computer projector inside. People could draw right on the surface, rather than use a mouse/tablet while looking in another direction to see the results.

Several years later, WACOM came out with the Cintique, whish I'd really like to get sometime.

This thing is only different in that it allows multi-touch interaction.

He Who Can Hardly Wait To Hear People Complaining That Their Desks Have Crashed.

JVitale
06-01-2007, 01:31 AM
I'm going to like this application for use in restuarants though. You are supposed to be able to place your credit card on the table and then drag the items that you ordered to your card, thus easily splitting the check. Beats, getting the dirty looks when you ask the waitress/waiter "Can we have separate checks?"