PDA

View Full Version : net streaming

sbrandt
05-28-2007, 02:29 AM
After all this time, I just found myself needing to do live streaming, switching two cameras.

I still have the VT[2] board.

Is there anything still available for the [2] that will give me a better live streaming ability than the VT[2] software?

Jim_C
05-28-2007, 09:21 AM
imo, No not really. I have experimented with all kinds of different capture/software setups for streaming, and the VT can not be beat.

The ability to tweak as heavy as needed on the output using proc amps(I have found net streaming needs much more luminance and color than broadcast TV) the ability to monitor with VT visions, overlay graphics to the web cast etc.

You wont find that in much if anything else.

Will rereading here, and clarifying, you won't really be using the VT for the streaming, just capturing. Use Windows Media Encoder for actual stream. But I think you realize that.

and FWIW I use www.audiovideoweb.com for streaming. They have a price structure right online, no calling anyone, DIRT simple to set up,and you can set up a monthly rate, but when not using click Deactivate and you arent billed anymore till you Reactivate. And this could be a year later. All settings, pointer address etc stay the same.

sbrandt
05-28-2007, 05:56 PM
Thanks Jim,

I'm already using audiovideoweb and couldn't agree more. Good company. Right up there with the way Serious Magic used to be, Zax Dow and NewTek...roughly in that order. Now that SM has been eating by the giant, I'm hoping NT will wildly expand it's chromakeying offerings. SM certainly proved there's a market for it. The new TriCaster is a fine start.

I wasn't asking if there's anything besides VT, the situation is; I still have the VT[2] board and am wondering if there's still anything available that will run on that board that will give me better service that the old VT[2] software.

Your avatar cats are a hoot!!!

Jim_C
05-28-2007, 06:42 PM
Hey Sam,

aaahhh Gotcha....

Either in VT3 or VT4 they added streaming straight out of VT. No need for WME, but I still use WME due to more control of output and better monitoring of stream.

Other than that, just in re: to streaming I can't really think of anything else VT4 would give you. There might be, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

And the cats are just outside of Barstow...... :D

Jim