PDA

View Full Version : New coke ad

kilvano
05-27-2007, 07:58 AM
You guys seen the new coke advert where the guy puts a quid into the machine and then you see what happens, Its genius!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eleS0YbFhk

Twisted_Pixel
05-27-2007, 08:12 AM
Aye seen it on TV before, though I haven't watched any since Christmas.

Just checked the date the file was added on youtube, Sept 06.

Though it is still a nice piece of animation, if only the real thing was that complex and fun :)

bluerider
05-27-2007, 08:28 AM
Thats a epic add. It reminds me a little of the Honda Diesel ad they had out quite some time ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq3GJJIfq-o

The adds are better than the programs a lot of times.

This is great to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2VCfOC69jc&mode=related&search=

oDDity
05-27-2007, 08:59 AM
THis thread shoud be deleted for advertising Coca Cola, I mean inciting people to click on a link to watch adverts really is going too far. Don't you think we're already inundated with ads quite enough everywhere else we look ,without actually deliberately deciding to watch them?
Yes, it's no doubt very cool, but thats' the point of it, to draw you in and subliminally make you buy the product, associate coke's coolness with the coolness of the ad, and make people talk about it, and you are falling into that trap so easily, you should be embarrassed.
Who actually drinks that black sugary piss anyway, I don't think I've had a coke since I was at school.

bluerider
05-27-2007, 09:18 AM
oDDity,
Let me guess, your a Pepsi drinker.

bobakabob
05-27-2007, 09:32 AM
oDDity,

Peckham Spring?

pooby
05-27-2007, 10:00 AM
"THis thread shoud be deleted for advertising Coca Cola, I mean inciting people to click on a link to watch adverts really is going too far. Don't you think we're already inundated with ads quite enough everywhere else we look ,without actually deliberately deciding to watch them?
Yes, it's no doubt very cool, but thats' the point of it, to draw you in and subliminally make you buy the product, associate coke's coolness with the coolness of the ad, and make people talk about it, and you are falling into that trap so easily, you should be embarrassed.
Who actually drinks that black sugary piss anyway, I don't think I've had a coke since I was at school."

The people with the money commission art.

It was no different in the Renaissance. The Church held the power then, but now it's big conglomerates.
It doesn't follow that something cannot have any artistic value because it's trying to sell you something.

I dont think the 'selling Coke' part of the ad is what the original poster was particularly interested in, in the same way that i doubt that 'reminding everyone about bible stories' was foremost on your mind when you made that 'David' sculpture.

Medi8or
05-27-2007, 10:20 AM
Isn't that black sugary piss too?

No, there's only one bubbly drink out there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm8-UiCN9pg

:thumbsup:

Darth Mole
05-27-2007, 05:17 PM
Glad* to see Ray O' Sunshine back on these forums.

Oh, and how DARE you advertise your work here. I can click on a link and be taken directly to place where I can see your wares and potentially hire you for work. Disgusting.

* Not really.

gerry_g
05-27-2007, 06:10 PM
Saw it at the pics yesterday while waiting for Pirates of the C. to start, On the big screen it's something else, made me enjoy my 7up & ice all the more, hate Coke ;-)

kilvano
05-27-2007, 06:14 PM
THis thread shoud be deleted for advertising Coca Cola, I mean inciting people to click on a link to watch adverts really is going too far. Don't you think we're already inundated with ads quite enough everywhere else we look ,without actually deliberately deciding to watch them?
Who actually drinks that black sugary piss anyway, I don't think I've had a coke since I was at school.

Oh for god sake lighten up. I know you love this bitter, anti social reputation you have made for yourself but its an animation forum and the entire advert is a great piece of animation.

Enjoy it....its much more fun than sounding like a ***

oDDity
05-28-2007, 03:07 AM
Was it made with lightwave?
If not, then not only are you advertising Coca Cola, but also how good rival 3d apps are.
What a f**king liberty.

gerry_g
05-28-2007, 03:43 AM
No it was made with polygons, wit and imagination, all three of which U seem to have given up on oDDity

sammael
05-28-2007, 05:35 AM
I could barely see the thing through the pixelated blurriness of spew tube :(
Didnt seem overly impressive from what I could see, I think I liked that recent sony add campaign better.

Bog
05-28-2007, 05:52 AM
Cracking animation. Good imagination.

Let's just ignore the troll, shall we?

sammael
05-28-2007, 06:35 AM
I thought this was one of the better adds for a beverage
http://www.duncans.tv/?p=86

Bog
05-28-2007, 06:39 AM
Yeah, the Big Ad is an absolute classic.

kilvano
05-28-2007, 07:03 AM
Oh for god sake lighten up. I know you love this bitter, anti social reputation you have made for yourself but its an animation forum and the entire advert is a great piece of animation.

Enjoy it....its much more fun than sounding like a ***

I was a little drunk when i wrote that but still stick by it.

That big ad is funny.

Darth Mole
05-28-2007, 07:04 AM
Jeez, oDDity, the guy posted under the 'General Discussion' forum, so what's the big issue here? People have discussed movies and all sorts in the past, with no intervention.

Also, you've been guilty of taking relevant discussions off on random non-LightWave directions yourself, you f*cking hipocrite.

Once again you've turned an innocent thread in an 'all about oDDity' thread, and frankly I'm sick of it. Why don't you just take your extreme views and sod off back to where you've been lurking for the last few months?

kilvano
05-28-2007, 07:09 AM
Jeez, Oddity, the guy posted under the 'General Discussion' forum, so what's the big issue here? People have discussed movies and all sorts in the past, with no intervention.

Also, you've been guilty of taking relevant discussions about LightWave off on random 'art' directions yourself, you f*cking hipocrite. Why don't you just sod off back to where you've been lurking for the last few months. Twat.

Now now...lets all calm down. He thrives on these kind of remarks. Like a wasp...If you ignore him...he'll go away

Sarford
05-28-2007, 06:07 PM
Jeez, oDDity, the guy posted under the 'General Discussion' forum, so what's the big issue here? People have discussed movies and all sorts in the past, with no intervention.

Also, you've been guilty of taking relevant discussions off on random non-LightWave directions yourself, you f*cking hipocrite.

Once again you've turned an innocent thread in an 'all about oDDity' thread, and frankly I'm sick of it. Why don't you just take your extreme views and sod off back to where you've been lurking for the last few months?

Calm down mate, the guy is entitled to his opinion. Don't take everything so serious, its bad for your hart.
Its not only oDDity's post that turn thing evil, these kind of posts are just as bad.

Stooch
05-28-2007, 07:19 PM
this is a fantastic ad made by psyop.tv a fantastic motion graphics/3d house based in NYC. I had an interview with these guys tow ork on the next project on this theme but ended up moving to LA :) psyop does some amazing work.

www.psyop.tv for more amazing stuff. this piece is done with maya/mentalray, when i talked to their producers it sounded like they were switching to XSI :)

oDDity
05-29-2007, 06:48 AM

Heh, thanks for rewarding me with that post.

pooby
05-29-2007, 07:18 AM
how predictable

Darth Mole
05-29-2007, 07:42 AM
Who's predictable? Me in my over-the-top response, or oDDity in his over-the-top opinion?

By the way, oDDity - no personal offence. You're just an annoying bugger, y'know?

Carm3D
05-29-2007, 07:54 AM

I could watch that ad all day and I'll never be tempted to imbibe one of those murky, syrupy chemical drinks. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll have a Dasani (http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0304-04.htm).

oDDity
05-29-2007, 08:08 AM
Well I refuse to even watch it, on principal alone, and I think everyone should do the same.
Boycott all advertising. Deliberately decide not to buy anything that has been advertised in any way, except in the actual website or shop of the sellers.

Carm3D
05-29-2007, 08:16 AM
Don't do that.. That would cause prices to drop and quality to rise.

Darth Mole
05-29-2007, 08:24 AM
Ah, but surely by watching it - and enjoying several minutes of animation - then NOT buying the product, you're actually doing more harm to the company which has spent time and effort on the ad?

Anyway, why is Coke so evil? Or does this apply to any product advertised anywhere on TV/press/billboards?

Carm3D
05-29-2007, 08:31 AM
Anyway, why is Coke so evil? Or does this apply to any product advertised anywhere on TV/press/billboards?

Well.. Without coke and pepsi, America's 60% obesity level might be closer to 40%.

Darth Mole
05-29-2007, 08:44 AM
I just came back from SF and Las Vegas. Coke is far from the biggest culprit - it would probably help if every serving wasn't the size of a small dog. In the end we just ordered starters instead of main courses...

Oh and everything has cheese on it. That doesn't help.

oDDity
05-29-2007, 11:10 AM
The way I look at it, if you have to advertise a product, then it can't be any good.
You only have to force sell stuff that's crap, make it look all interesting and mysterious and exciting and cool and used by sexy people.
If a product is great then the word will get around on its own, and people will buy it.

pooby
05-29-2007, 01:43 PM
The way you look at it has a certain naive charm, but it missing the point, Which is to make businesses money.

There is no doubt that advertising works for them but of course it is your prerogative to boycott the products and sure show them.

Dave Jerrard
05-29-2007, 01:45 PM
If a product is great then the word will get around on its own, and people will buy it.That's called word of mouth and is just another one of several forms of advertising.

He Who Wonders How People Would Ever Hear Of Anything Without Advertising.

ghostlight
05-29-2007, 03:26 PM
Sick of ads? Visit my website and buy a t-shirt!

Iain
05-29-2007, 03:30 PM
I saw an ad for the Audi A5 on TV today. It was beautifully done.

Darth Mole
05-29-2007, 03:45 PM
But how do you justify this opinion when a perfectly respectable company (organic, green, fair trade, P.C.) advertises a perfectly respectable product (one that actually does the world good) that would otherwise remain unknown?

I sort of understand your anti-advertising rhetoric (TV ads especially annoy me) but I can't possibly be aware of every decent product through word-of-mouth. I simply don't know enough people to cover every product in every catergory that I might be interested in.

The alternative is that you simply shift responsibility for watching ads to your friends and comrades. Shame on you!

oDDity
05-29-2007, 05:43 PM
Not at all, when I want something, be it a pint of milk or a new computer, I can go to a shop and browse, or on the internet for websites that sell them.
I don't need everyone who has anything to sell to annoy me by advertising it in every possible medium.
It's only frivolous stuff that you don't need that you find through adverts anyway, anything important that you actually need is easy to find.

Bog
05-29-2007, 06:00 PM
*sighs*

What are you. 14? You haven't realised yet that the vast majority of the planet doesn't think your way, so you still hate it for it?

Do grow up. Oh, do. Just a little.

Darth Mole
05-30-2007, 01:54 AM
That's all well and good if you're able-bodied. What if you're house-bound? Or just don't have access to a range of great shops? Anyway, this is clearly going nowhere.

For what it's worth, I really enjoyed Spider-Man 2 and I'm saddened that the franchise has seemingly shot itself in the foot (despite massive box office). I'll check it out on DVD.

oDDity
05-30-2007, 02:42 AM
*sighs*

What are you. 14? You haven't realised yet that the vast majority of the planet doesn't think your way, so you still hate it for it?

Do grow up. Oh, do. Just a little.

Yep, we should all do it your 'adult' way. Accept the status quo, fit it, keep you head down, gather as much money ans possessions as you can, and die.
Typical Brit.

bobakabob
05-30-2007, 03:01 AM
Hmmm, Mr Odd, you do a pretty good job of advertising yourself :)

Darth Mole
05-30-2007, 04:02 AM
WTF? Typical Brit?

Typical simple-minded retort.

oDDity
05-30-2007, 04:11 AM
Heh, well white male brits are the only group you're allowed to openly insult and generalise about these days. You can't say anything about women, gays, blacks or even animals without being branded as a drooling bigot.

Darth Mole
05-30-2007, 04:51 AM
Ha, ha! Yeah, I agree with you there. It's P.C. gone mad.

Jim_C
05-30-2007, 08:44 AM
The ironic thing....

The longer this thread runs...

The more 'advertising' for Coke.

As a matter of fact, sounds pretty good, I think I'll go open one now.....

:D

Tom Wood
05-30-2007, 09:07 AM
Coca-Cola and Britvic's Pepsi Max and Diet Pepsi all contain sodium benzoate.

Professor Peter Piper, a professor of molecular biology and biotechnology, tested the impact of sodium benzoate on living yeast cells in his laboratory. What he found alarmed him: the benzoate was damaging an important area of DNA in the "power station" of cells known as the mitochondria.

He told The Independent on Sunday: "These chemicals have the ability to cause severe damage to DNA in the mitochondria to the point that they totally inactivate it: they knock it out altogether.

"The mitochondria consumes the oxygen to give you energy and if you damage it - as happens in a number if diseased states - then the cell starts to malfunction very seriously. And there is a whole array of diseases that are now being tied to damage to this DNA - Parkinson's and quite a lot of neuro-degenerative diseases, but above all the whole process of ageing."

http://news.independent.co.uk/health/article2586652.ece

Drink up!

Jim_C
05-30-2007, 09:10 AM
Hehehe...

Yea pour some Coca-Cola in a car radiator and let it sit awhile.

Watch what happens.....

:devil:

Bog
05-30-2007, 01:53 PM
"Coke is bad for you"

Is this really news for anyone? Have you been living in a cave or something?

bobakabob
05-30-2007, 02:14 PM
:devil: Devil's Advocate asks:

So how many of you guys have no qualms about using your artistic skills in advertising?

Bill Hicks on Advertising (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgUWTquztGY)

Bill Hicks on Marketing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDW_Hj2K0wo)

:D

Jim_C
05-30-2007, 03:06 PM

Actually it's a ditch.

Caves are for rich folks.

Dave Jerrard
05-30-2007, 04:04 PM
Not at all, when I want something, be it a pint of milk or a new computer, I can go to a shop and browse, or on the internet for websites that sell them. So you admit to actively seeking out advertising for these products and services then. You're also doing your own advertising as well, or did you not notice that link in your signature?

Companies that annoy me with their obnoxious advertising will not get any business from me (hear that, Mountain Dew?), and many other people likewise boycot various companies based on where they spend their advertising money. Unfortunately, we seem to be in the minority, based on the number of oversized, road-hogging SUVs everywhere around here. Yet, up until a few months ago, there was a waiting list to get a Prius because the demand for them far exceeded the supply, even though these weren't advertised very widely. In fact, I've only ever seen one Prius ad, and that was just a week ago.

And then you get to the morons that actually BUY and supply advertising for companies out of their own pocket, like anyone that has a Nike T-shirt. Corporations love these idiots. They not only get free advertising all over the place, even in areas where it's restricted, but they also get someone else to pay to do that advertising for them. If these people were smart, they'd insist on at least getting a free pair of shoes in return for the public marketing campaign they're providing, as well as a free shirt.

He Who Is Lucky To Live Near A Treasure Trove Of Gourmet Sodas.

Tom Wood
05-30-2007, 04:21 PM
"Coke is bad for you"

Heh, looks like the grumpy mood is spreading. :D

Lightwolf
05-30-2007, 04:27 PM
...they'd insist on at least getting a free pair of shoes in return for the public marketing campaign they're providing, as well as a free shirt.
I tried last time I went shopping... with little success :D

But yeah, either give me the damn stuff for free (like trade show giveaways) or keep that logo outta my face...

Cheers,
Mike

Jim_C
05-30-2007, 04:34 PM
But yeah, either give me the damn stuff for free (like trade show giveaways) or keep that logo outta my face...

But I believe 'some' wear the logos due to a feeling of personal endorsement.
Such as , I use, wear, like, endorse this product, therefore I am going to spread the word, hope others use the product and the company/person thrives.

Many, myself included, feel this way about musicians and bands.

Heck I have even seen some get tatoos of particular product logos or band names they endorse, use or listen to them so much.

Takes a heck of a commitment.

Of course there are also those who have Abercrombie&Finch plastered on everything they wear cause it's the cool thing to do.

Jim

Stooch
05-30-2007, 04:38 PM
i have 3 LW 9 shirts that i wear often.

Iain
05-31-2007, 02:19 AM
I was looking forward to Heroes starting on UK TV recently after a fair amount of hype but after sticking it out through 3 (dodgily written, but ok) episodes I couldn't take anymore of the Sci Fi channel's ad breaks.
That's the first time advertising has driven me away from something-I thought the whole idea was to draw you in.

oDDity
05-31-2007, 05:22 AM
So you admit to actively seeking out advertising for these products and services then. You're also doing your own advertising as well, or did you not notice that link in your signature?
No, I stated that the only permissible advertising is in-store or the website of the sellers. That's obvious.
The point is that I go to them when I want something, I don't need a store to advertise, I can either find it in town, or someone will know of it. Likewise with the internet, you can find something by doing a quick search, you don't need adverts plastered all over every website.
Like I said, it's only the useless products that need advertising anyway. Anything you actually need is easy to find.
I mean I can't even walk aorund my small rural town wiithout see huge hoardings up on walls advertising crap, and fly posters defacing everything.

And yes you're right, I don't, and never have, owned anything with a brand or logo of any kind on it.

My sig isn't advertising, it's just showing my credentials.