PDA

View Full Version : fprime 3 frames mismatching?

stevecullum
05-26-2007, 08:08 AM
I've rendered out a series of frames from fprime and exported my camera settings to AE. I was struggling to line things up correctly, so I went back into layout to investigate. I rendered two frames (both frame 670), one from fprime and the other from LW to discover that they dont align correctly on top of each other!

This is obviously the cause of my problems in post, but has anyone else noticed this also?

IMI
05-26-2007, 10:18 AM
Probably a silly question, but did you have the image size set to the same in the camera properties and Render Globals and all that?

Bytehawk
05-26-2007, 10:35 AM
yep, it's a known fact that there are minor diferences between the two renderers.

stevecullum
05-26-2007, 11:36 AM
I tracked it down to MBlur. They align perfect if there is none, but if on, the LW render is 50% infront of the fprime one if the MB is set at 50%.

This is the same with classic and PRM blur. I've reported to Worley anyway, so hopefully it can be fixed soon.

pooby
06-15-2007, 11:17 AM
I have the same issue.
It's a real showstopper. If you have recieved an Worley from them i'd love to know what it is

jayroth
06-15-2007, 12:47 PM
Regarding motion blur, a change was made in 9.2 to make it industry compliant. If you wish to have the original blur behavior, but still keep the quality settings of the current blur, then add a minus sign in front of the blur length value. That may allow FPrime to sync up then, as it is likely still using the classic method.

pooby
06-16-2007, 05:32 AM
If you have recieved an Worley from them

I need to learn to write sentences better.

Thanks Jay.. that appears to work.

vbk!!!
06-17-2007, 07:23 AM
i had the the same problem ...
I will follow this thread.