PDA

View Full Version : Request: Time Lapse Capture

Chrusion
05-25-2007, 11:18 AM
Obviously this would be very useful for only a handful of users, but hey! even the very old and lowly Perception Video Recorder control software had time lapse recording... great for the local news' weather segment back then when their systems didn't have this feature to record the days cloud formations with their "city cams." But I digress.

I read that VT has time lapse, so consider this the official request to pop that sucka into SE 1.2 along with the many features desperately being sought and requested here in this forum!

JackJ
05-25-2007, 12:03 PM
I'd also like to see this, or at the very least get an idea how it affects the relationship between VT5 and SE. If SE is going to be the main editor for VT5, I would hope that version would have at minimum the capabilities of VT4 or even VT3, which includes the time lapse capture. And if it is going to be back in the capture window for VT5, which is SE based, will SE by that time have the timelapse and pause functions back in the capture window?

ScorpioProd
05-25-2007, 12:57 PM
By its nature, I would expect VT[5] to have a separate capture module, as VT[4] does. Therefore, I wouldn't expect SpeedEDIT-VT to have anything more in its capture, and frankly, its capture might be removed, I would guess for VT[5] integration.

Cause leaving two ways to capture would be confusing.

billmi
05-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Cause leaving two ways to capture would be confusing.

There are already 3 ways to capture in VT[4]. Capture, Batch Capture, and capturing with scene detect in DVDWS. How much more confusing can another way to capture be :-)

JackJ
05-25-2007, 01:47 PM
But SE's capture module is also a separate window (unless you're referring to some deeper seperate-moduleness I'm not aware of);about the only difference (visually, anyway) is an extra tab or two and the time lapse button. Maybe if I complete the last capture level on Difficult mode, it will unlock the secret buttons. Or a key combination...Chop-->Chop-->Reset-->Chop-->Stop...nope.
Chop -->Stop-->Chop-->Reset-->Reset-->Chop...nope....

ScorpioProd
05-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Well, we'll see... I figure they plan to call it SpeedEDIT-VT for a reason... :hey:

JackJ
05-26-2007, 05:02 PM
Yeah, we'll see. I figure they'll call it SpeedEDIT-VT because its the version that comes with Video Toaster, so in addition to all the things SE can (or should) do, it will have the added benefit of interface with the live switcher, advanced audio mixer, aura, lightwave, and all the I/O benefits of the Toaster card.

This threads for making the wish list anyway, not trying to guess what will happen. Maybe its not in there now, but maybe now it will be. Every little feature makes SE that much more inviting to the unbelievers.

CreatvGnius
05-28-2007, 11:13 AM
Yeah, we'll see. I figure they'll call it SpeedEDIT-VT because its the version that comes with Video Toaster, so in addition to all the things SE can (or should) do, it will have the added benefit of interface with the live switcher, advanced audio mixer, aura, lightwave, and all the I/O benefits of the Toaster card.

This threads for making the wish list anyway, not trying to guess what will happen. Maybe its not in there now, but maybe now it will be. Every little feature makes SE that much more inviting to the unbelievers.

JackJ -- your reasoning makes perfectly good sense to me. :agree: