PDA

View Full Version : Undocumented settings

mop91212
05-25-2007, 03:52 AM
Hello to everyone,

Can't find any information about two settings in the sueface editor. One is "Reflection Samples" in the environment tab and the other is "compatibility" in the advanced tab.

Compatibility seems obvious. but what does it really do?
And what about reflection samples.

By the way, i still can't find the solution to de reflection noise. The reflection bluring does not give me the desired result. It seems to blur objects the frather they are from the reflecting object.

Thanks for your time.

Medi8or
05-26-2007, 08:02 AM
Can't find any information about two settings in the sueface editor. One is "Reflection Samples" in the environment tab
Reflection samples are used with reflection blur. With no reflection blur, one ray is sent from the reflecting surface to sample what is being reflected. With reflection blur, a number of rays are sent in more or less random directions (depends on blur amount). Few reflection samples means noisy reflection, many samples means long rendertime.

The reflection bluring does not give me the desired result. It seems to blur objects the frather they are from the reflecting object.That is the way it's supposed to work... :)