PDA

View Full Version : mix Cam Video w/ computer video live

2BitSculptor
05-24-2007, 04:08 PM
I'm looking for a simple and inexpensive solution :D

I need to check accuracy of a clay portrait sculpture to images stored on my computer as I make changes. Normally I take a still and overlay it in PS to check the placement of details...Sculpt, photo, check, sculpt, photo, check... its' just a pain in the keester! I would like to be able to hold up the sculpt and rotate rotate it in real time to match the photo on the computer display, and be able to quickly cycle thru a series of reference pics. I used to be able to do it with a gen-lock on my ol' Amiga... but moving over to the PC has changed things for me a bit. I'm not sure what is out there...

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Chuck

SBowie
05-25-2007, 06:46 AM
sure - Mirage, and either a DV camera or a Canon digital (megapixel) camera.

The DV Camera will let you toggle an overlay of the live image on the photo at video res. A Powershot or Sureshot with the appropriate (free) plugin will give you a complete stop-motion system with realtime playback, paint, compositing, and fx at full res or less as you wish.

2BitSculptor
05-25-2007, 10:19 AM
Thanks Steve... an all around solution, but considerably more features than I need.

All I'm looking to do is overlay a full screen video input at various transparencies over a full screen displayed image (from any image display program, like IrfanView or XnView) . Do any of the higher quality 'net' cams have drivers to do this?

I want to do this on a low cost laptop, for convenience.

Thanks

Chuck