PDA

View Full Version : Audio mixer with VT-Edit

calhoontuna
05-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Is there a way that you can render a video clip from VT-Edit that will include within the render any changes you've made to the program with the Audio Mixer?

So I captured an hour worth of DV video, brought it into VT-edit and cut it up into eighty seperate pieces. I started messing around with the audio, then thought that I would make some global adjustments in the Audio Mixer, a piece of VT that I never used before. This seemed to fix my balance problem -- one channel sounding much higher than the other -- as well as some volume issues. After I was finished, I rendered out a clip only to discover that the changes I made to my VT-edit program with the audio mixer didn't stick. Pull up a wave file and the thing is quiet and unbalanced like before.

Reading the manual it looks like I had some misconceptions about the audio mixer. The question I now have is can I save some time and somehow render out these clips exactly the way they sound within my VT-Edit program?

Scott Bates
05-24-2007, 05:59 PM
Only way I know to do it is to play your project from VT-Edit and record it in a DDR (or play the project in a DDR and record into the Capture module). The Mixer is not a "part" of the project itself, it just affects VT's external output of the project if you've set it up to do so.

ScorpioProd
05-24-2007, 10:36 PM
Any audio changes you want to show up in the render would need to be made in the VT-EDIT project itself.

animlab
05-24-2007, 11:09 PM
Use BasicAudio.filter in Effects folder to cover whole project then adjust the balance and volume in BasicAudio.filter.
Then render project.

Scott Bates
05-25-2007, 06:57 AM
Opps, forgot about that, good point.

calhoontuna
05-25-2007, 03:44 PM
Thanks on that filter tip. Man, did that bail me out of a jam.