PDA

View Full Version : Inside LW8 (CH 13 Caeser Image Prob.)

blueshift
05-23-2007, 11:07 AM
I have gone through Chapters 1 thru 12 over the last 3 & 1/2 to for months and I love Dans books, I'd be lost without them.

I've run into a problem with aligning the images of Caeser in CH 13. When I started creating spline curves they didn't match up between the bottom right window (profile left view) and the bottom left window( face forward back view).

I deleted what I had done to that point (not a lot) and began placeing points in the profile (BR left view) then ctrl drag points along the X axis in the BR window to see where they would fall on the Y axis. (see attached pics)

The ear too high, the eye too high the beard too low the lip, nose and bridge of the nose just about right. I thought about streching the image in the Y axis but that would make the point at the top of the head in a worse position and the lip and nose the out of position.

I also tried flipping the view to BL front and other moves but can't seem to figure out how to make all my points happy.

Has anyone else had this problem and found the solution? ( Hello Dan are you out there ? ) :)

Thanks to anyone who can help.

ghostlight
05-24-2007, 02:55 AM
Looks like the sculpture is looking more upward in the second photo. That rotation will surely misalign things. I'm not familiar with the book, but that's all I can tell from the pics. Yikes!

Best of luck!

Mark The Great
05-24-2007, 09:50 AM
I just looked through my copy and it says that he's included a backdrop preset on the DVD with all of the images prealigned.

It says to look in the images folder of the DVD and load up the backdrop file entitled, "8_dude_bkds".

Hope that helps!

blueshift
05-25-2007, 03:30 AM
Unfortunately that is what I loaded and the pics I attached here and there alignment is what resulted but how to get the profile and face backdrop images to line up leaves me stumped. Thanks for your input though.:confused:

oDDity
05-25-2007, 07:36 AM
You just need to scale up the front image a bit.
ANyway, it's better to get used to the fact that front and side images rarely line up perfectly, since perfect orthographic reference ptohos generally don't exist.
You just have to stick with one of the views, and use common sense in the perspective view that it looks right.

blueshift
05-26-2007, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the heads up oDDity. I still consider myself a beginner and tned to be a perfectionist at times. I've already found myself tweakin and tweakin and tweakin points on a small area only to find I've spent an hour or two on an area that will be infront of the camera for a second or two at twenty meters distance.

I,ve got to learn where to draw the line.:D

I'll take your advice and run with it.
Thanks again. :thumbsup: