PDA

View Full Version : Prefs on the Mac

MaureenD
05-22-2007, 12:23 PM
LW9.2 is acting goofy - layout is snapping back to the default camera and lights when I try to render a scene... after spending a lot of time setting up the camera and lights again, it keeps happening.

I remember having to delete a preferences file before when this happened, but now I can't find the prefs file.

Where are they on the Mac? And which file is it that I delete?

Scazzino
05-22-2007, 12:40 PM
Unless redirected, the prefs files are in your current user's Library/Preferences folder.

They are named like this:
LightWave Layout 9 Prefs
LightWave Modeler 9 Prefs
LightWave Hub 9 Prefs
LightWave Extensions 9 Prefs

gerry_g
05-23-2007, 03:48 AM
Are you sure this is a prefs problem, this kind of behavior is usually attributed to accidentally turning of Autokey ( the top of the three grouped buttons bottom center screen above the time line) you may want to try checking it's active first (showing white) before you go doing something more drastic like trashing your configs and loosing all your settings. And Scazzino since when did they they put 9.2 prefs back in User/ Library, they are or should be inside the program folder of Lightwave itself in a custom folder titled ‘Configs’

Scazzino
05-23-2007, 08:49 AM
I agree that it's probably not a config issue, though it is useful to know where the configs are.

The configs are stored by default in the current users preferences folder, named as I outlined previously.

You may have yours redirected to a separate "Configs" folder that you created, since that's what I do myself to be able to keep multiple versions on my system without interfering with each other.

You can easily test the default location however by renaming your LightWave cmdLine file to anything else to temporarily hide it. Then launch and quit LightWave. Then check your current user's prefs folder and you'll find the configs there with a last mod time that matches when you just quit LightWave. I just verified it here myself in 9.2...

:beerchug:

gerry_g
05-23-2007, 09:13 AM
Ah, yes of course you can, they go wherever you write a path to, sorry I didn't mean to cause offence, interesting trick BTW

Scazzino
05-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Hi Gerry,

No offense at all. :beerchug:

I just wanted to clarify where the default prefs get written, for those that don't redirect them into a different location themselves.

:thumbsup: