PDA

View Full Version : Progress?

Morbius
05-21-2007, 05:40 PM
So, I haven't heard much about the UB lately. I can't get into beta since I only have LW 6. I'm thinking of upgrading when the UB is done, but I'd like to test the demo of it first.

Is there any information about the progress that can be released? Are we talking weeks, months... what?

BazC
05-22-2007, 01:26 AM
Nope, no info sorry. The beta testers couldn't give you the info even if they had it and Newtek very rarely give that kind of info either. If it was available I'm sure you would have seen an official announcement.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. The demo of 9, maybe 9.2 now, is pretty much the same as the UB, it will just run slower on Intel. That will give you a good idea of what it will be like.

Morbius
05-22-2007, 01:45 AM
The demo of 9, maybe 9.2 now, is pretty much the same as the UB, it will just run slower on Intel. That will give you a good idea of what it will be like.

It's the speed increase I'm actually interested in.

v1u1ant
05-22-2007, 03:53 AM
Aren't we all?

Kuzey
05-22-2007, 07:17 AM
Yes there is a speed increase in both Intel and non intel Macs with the UB, the better the system you have the faster it's going to cook :hey:

Do a search for posts made by Chilton but be warned, he talks of speed in his own terms like "quite fast" and such :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kuzey

JeffrySG
05-22-2007, 01:42 PM
Just in case you didn't know, any owner of v9 can register and download the 9.2UB beta.

I bought LW recently, and for the most part have been using the 9.2UB exclusively. I have not been working on complex scenes as of yet, but I have not had many problems with it. So if you're planing on upgrading anyway, you might want to jump in and then just download the 9.2UB beta to start learning the new features. Just a thought....

Jeff