PDA

View Full Version : Cannot see flare reflection...why?

iibw
05-20-2007, 12:11 PM
Hello everyone!
This is my first post on this forum. I've been away from Lightwave for several years, but I'm back and waiting for my 9.2 upgrade to arrive. I'm currently using 7.5.

I created a very simple night logo scene. It depicts a body of rippling water, and I have some point lights hovering just above the surface of the water. My problem is that the flare reflection isn't appearing on the surface of the water. The light flare itself shows up fine. Why? My water surface has reflection turned on, and I tried every type of light. I know this is possible because I've done it before, but I forgot how to do it. I can't seem to find anything in the manual either. Help?!
Mahalo,
Warren

Lightwolf
05-20-2007, 12:17 PM
Flares are a post processing effect, applied after the image has been rendered. They do not (and can not) show up in reflections.
The same is true for glows for example.

Cheers,
Mike

SplineGod
05-20-2007, 12:41 PM
You might try duplicating the flare and putting into the appropriate spot over the water.

iibw
05-20-2007, 12:52 PM
Wow, that is very bad news for me. I know I could do it in 6.5. I made a scene where the water rippled, and the light reflections would dance along on the ripples very realistically. I know I didn't have to create a separate glow or flare for the reflections. It was just a matter of a switch or setting somewhere, but I forgot where!
Warren

shrox
05-20-2007, 02:19 PM
Corona might be what you need, it is in Effects/Processing/Add image filter. It highlights bright areas so they are slightly overexposed.

Lightwolf
05-20-2007, 03:43 PM
Wow, that is very bad news for me. I know I could do it in 6.5. I made a scene where the water rippled, and the light reflections would dance along on the ripples very realistically.
Oh, sorry, that is specularity. Which is a surface property.

The "flare" in the title put me off track...

Cheers,
Mike