PDA

View Full Version : SpeedEdit or VT4?

Jim Appleby
05-20-2007, 11:18 AM
I am currrently using VT(2) software and thinking about upgrading and have not been on this site for a while so feeling a little out of the loop. I am currently on Windows 2000 platform and plan to upgrade to XP....thus my problem. I believe I read somewhere my current software will not function on the newer O/S properly. My system is used 90% for video editing, and functions/features are important.
I am just a little confused here as to which software I should be considering here and what I would be giving up one versus the other. Help please!

Titus
05-20-2007, 11:47 AM
Hi, I'm using a VT[2] on XP. If you want to upgrade to XP you have to pay for the software upgrade because the win2000 install disk you should have will not work on XP, NewTek sent me a disk for around $60 a few years ago, not really an issue.

I'm also planning in buying SE instead of doing the whole hardware/software upgrade to VT4 o VT5.

Jim Appleby
05-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Hi, I'm using a VT[2] on XP. If you want to upgrade to XP you have to pay for the software upgrade because the win2000 install disk you should have will not work on XP, NewTek sent me a disk for around $60 a few years ago, not really an issue.

I'm also planning in buying SE instead of doing the whole hardware/software upgrade to VT4 o VT5.

Thanks very much for that info..<sigh> wish I knew about that option before..I think now though I will upgrade..just not sure which one I should consider.