PDA

View Full Version : Will the octopus eat well, or will it get a belly ache

ackees
05-20-2007, 07:00 AM
Hi, I have finally got my Mac Octopus (8 core 3GH), will 9.2 modeler run OK or will it crash the octoMac? Any known problems?
Thanks

Chilton
05-20-2007, 07:07 AM
Hi,

It will run just fine. But if you want to see it really fly (flying octopus?), register for the Universal Binary Open Beta.

-Chilton

ackees
05-20-2007, 08:27 AM
Thanks Chilton,
So it won't crash badly.
I cant wait for the flying Octopus, but, well, arm, err, being a careful sort of guy I rather wait for it to get its legs, you know the feeling. Getting in an airplane without the wings screwed on is too exciting for me. Not that they won't be, but I like to be sure before I take off - time problem, picking up the pieces.

Chilton
05-20-2007, 09:26 AM
The UB is also a self-contained entity. You can run it at the same time as you're running the v9 CFM, and it won't interfere.

-Chilton

ackees
05-20-2007, 09:35 AM
The UB is also a self-contained entity. You can run it at the same time as you're running the v9 CFM, and it won't interfere.

-Chilton
Have you tried the modeler beta on MacPro, is it running sweet or is it bombing?

Chilton
05-20-2007, 10:02 AM
I use it every day. However, I'm the wrong person to ask, as I know where the bugs are ;-)

-Chilton

ackees
05-20-2007, 10:54 AM
I use it every day. However, I'm the wrong person to ask, as I know where the bugs are ;-)

-Chilton
OK, so where are the bugs, which mattress do I sleep on?

Chilton
05-20-2007, 11:04 AM
Well, most of them are very specific. And if you get the UB, and join the open beta forums, you'll find out. It's in better shape than people expect, but definitely not where we want it to be yet. Lots of changes under the hood.

-Chilton

ackees
05-20-2007, 12:40 PM
Well, most of them are very specific. And if you get the UB, and join the open beta forums, you'll find out. It's in better shape than people expect, but definitely not where we want it to be yet. Lots of changes under the hood.

-Chilton
Woopse! I am sorry, I forgot, you cannot speak about it, or you get your legs cut off - and the human ones don't grow back.