PDA

View Full Version : tricaster

sidewing
05-19-2007, 06:49 PM
Has anyone ever used Tricaster from LW?

Does it do realtime virtual sets with a moving camera that can be shown on a monitor or projector?

Thanks

Danic101
05-19-2007, 10:10 PM
Virtual Sets are a TriCaster studio only feature, but it hasnt shipped yet. I have two on pre-order from my dealer I will let you know how it turns out.

sidewing
05-20-2007, 12:15 AM
Roger that.

Thanks.

Any idea though if has realtime camera tracking virtual studio capabilities?

[The ability to track camera motion while chroma keying and have 3D matierial shown on the background in realtime].

I'm looking for something like VizRT

Thanks!

Verlon
05-20-2007, 05:39 AM
If you mean have the live camera move and have the virtual camera move synchronized to it, no....

This was asked ..uhm...somewhere on these forums. The stuff to make the virtual set camera mimic the live camera is apparently the cost of a modest home in San Antonio. You are stuck with the point of view you start with.

You MIGHT be able to have 2 cameras you can swap between though (or 4 or x). I do not know if anyone has brough that up. It seems fairly reasonable, and would add a bit to the Virtual Set to make it more lively.

oobievision
05-20-2007, 05:49 AM
the only way Ive been able to do this is by just having some one operate the cam, and no it doesnt have to cost a small house, u can actually use a remote control cam like the ones crestron makes

Verlon
05-20-2007, 06:58 AM
I didn't think the Virtual Camera could move like that.
Originally Posted by chribba
Letīs hope that the virtual backgrounds for VT5 are able to use zoom, pan,tilt and not only for locked shots... Have no use for locked virtual backgrounds...

chribba

Since all of the above are functions that do not work with virtual sets, I would suggest that you not hold your breath.

and

Virtual sets that track camera movment zoom and everything... I can tell you with out checking with anyone that is a very hard nut to crack for under $10k.
That would mean you would need some way to track the camera's everything in real time and then move the v-set in perfect sync. Heck the tracking parts alone would be $100k.

Any one that does virtual sets knows that you must used locked down shots, then within the V-Set software you position and zoom the shot to fit the set. Setting each camera up as needed to fit the set you are working with. From what I saw at NAB this is how the Tricaster and VT5 will be doing it.

But hey if some one comes up with a real Holodeck sign me up....

from the pages of this thread

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67000&page=3

Perhaps I misunderstood.

And you CAN get a modest home in San Antonio for around $100k (ok a VERY modest one, but still)

sidewing
05-20-2007, 12:01 PM
Thanks so much for all your input.

Too bad that it will not be possible with the Newtek system. Also sad to know that a system -that does what I want - will not be available for under 100k.

I know that Vizrt has a system that does what I want. Gausst.com uses it. No price was visible [bad thing].

So we might indeed be stuck with markers on the green screen and do 3d tracking in post.

Same statement for me: no use for regular virtual set with lockdown camera...

I'm open for other suggestions. 50k would be my max. investment.

Verlon
05-20-2007, 03:10 PM
well I BELIEVE you could still use multiple cameras and switch, but I agree that is a pretty harsh limitation.

You MIGHT use virtual sets for some shots and save some time/money in post...As long as you're shooting in front of a green screen anyway, it couldn't hurt.

chribba
05-20-2007, 03:28 PM
I was hoping that NT had found a way to use the virtual backgrounds like "previzion" does it, then tracking would be possible...

chribba