PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from a new user

CaptainMarlowe
05-19-2007, 02:07 AM
Hello to all of you.
I have searched some topic about introducing oneself, but did not find it, so I thought it would be OK if I started a new thread.:)
I just wanted to introduce myself, as I have just bought LW and am very excited by this software.
My name's Paul, I am 35, maried with one daughter and I live near Paris.
Allthough my job as nothing to do with 3D, I have always wanted to create animated movies, since I was a child. With 3D, it's much easier than with Lego characters (I did that with y father some 25 years ago...):) .
Until now, I was using Hexagon for modelling, Poser for characters, and Vue 5 Infinite for landscapes. I make my postprod and cut with Apple's motion and Final Cut. And the soundtrack, usually, with ... Soundtrack !
My current project is a film about the battle of Tannenberg (1410), and is entirely made with Poser, Hexagon and Vue (except for the last scene that will be made with LW).
I hope to finish this project before fall. Then I intend to create a brand new movie for children, entirely with a mix between LW and Vue 5 (without x-stream, just by synching Vue and LW cameras and compositing afterwards in motion). My main challenge will be to create my own characters !
For this, I have bought Cartoon character creation vol 1 and 2 and 1001 tips and tricks for LW8. I hope it will come in handy.
I don't think I will be very active on this forum during the next weeks, because of work, and until Tannenberg is finished, but who knows ?
Ho, I almost forgot, I'm also passionate with medieval architecture, so that I spend some time modelling castles.
Until now, they were made with Hexagon and imported in Vue, but of course, next ones will be made with LW and LWCAD.
You can have an idea of my work by clicking the link in my signature.
Thanks for reading me !:)

meshpig
05-19-2007, 03:39 AM
Bienvenue. Désolées, mes connaissances en langue française sont
très de base.

Votre château sont tres bon, apprécient LW !

Just tuck-in when you need it here, it's very useful.

m

DiedonD
05-19-2007, 03:54 AM
Yeah jame fame lame game from me too :) .
In other words, welcome aboard, pardon my french it isnt that good.
Your into movies I see. Alot of building surrounding that helicopter. My first object was a helicopter. It would be alot of pain for me to go through all those buildings, if I were to do it on my own, but it seems its all ok to you.

Anyways, you'll love it out here. Im into movies too BTW. My first should be done this year.

darkChief
05-19-2007, 04:17 AM
Welcome!!!:)

CaptainMarlowe
05-19-2007, 04:52 AM
Thank you all for your welcome.
@Diedond, for the scene with the helicopter, all the buildings were taken from Vue default library, or just quickly made with simple terrains or primitives edited and textured to look like buildings !
So I didn't made them all, only a few. It was one of my very first sequences, and the background was not as important for me than te helicopter motion path...
And frankly, castles are much funnier to model than modern buildings, I think...;)
Can't wait to see your movie, too.

DiedonD
05-19-2007, 05:45 AM
Thank you all for your welcome.
@Diedond, for the scene with the helicopter, all the buildings were taken from Vue default library, or just quickly made with simple terrains or primitives edited and textured to look like buildings !
So I didn't made them all, only a few. It was one of my very first sequences, and the background was not as important for me than te helicopter motion path...
And frankly, castles are much funnier to model than modern buildings, I think...;)
Can't wait to see your movie, too.

I have Vue too. All I use it for is to take objects from it, and re use them on LW though.

The thing is I love doing live characters rather than environmental non living things. But as you might know, when your into movies, the movie wont ask for your preferences, and wants them all. Background and chraracters all alike. So though Id wish to focus on characters only, I cant make a rigid wall there, cause sooner or later the project would ask for a non organic model. After all, they cant interact on space lol.

That goes for all architectural buildings, castles including for me. But youve done a great job at that castle. Its very photorealistic. I use celshader by the way. And, as for my movie, Im on chapter 3, out of 8. And even after that Ill need sound effects and music. So it should take a year or so. Alot more work to go, before I show it to everybody.

CaptainMarlowe
05-19-2007, 12:42 PM
Well, Tannenberg already took me one year (and I need at least three or four months to complete it), and I plan to take at least three years for my child's faery tale.
3D is a real school of patience !
I like non-organic modelling, but I have not tried organic modelling for the moment. I always used characters bought, for instance at Daz. Modelling organic characters and rig them will be a tough yet exciting challenge for me.

Eldorado
05-19-2007, 12:56 PM
I hope you'll post a link when its done. I can't wait to see how it came out!